Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2014 GC Limited last July used with 26k miles and I now have 40k miles so my regular warranty is up. Recently the car has developed a diesel leak when the fuel tank is filled all the way. If I fill the filler tube all the way it leaks even more. I have crawled under the car hoping that it was just a loose hose camp but it appears that the regular filler tube is not leaking and I believe it is the smaller overflow tube that is the problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem like this? Since my 36k warranty is up I will most likely need to do the repair on my own. I am not new to working on cars so that doesn't worry me too much, but I wanted to see if this is a common problem that someone else has dealt with.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If it does it shortly 'after filling' - it might be expanding in tank as it warms up. I think its a bad idea to fill until tube neck is all the way full- I know I read it might end up damaging emission system vapor management system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It starts leaking immediately after filling up or during fill up when the tank is almost full.

I don't typically fill up the filler neck. That was more of an experiment to see if I could diagnose the leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts