Diesel Jeep Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where in Denver? Just my experience but stay away from south Broadway. Had countless issues and the dealer has been a huge letdown to say the least, but ignorant crooks if you want my true opinion. At least you leased it- bought mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I love this vehicle and had good reason for the first 4000 miles. Trip millage ranges between 32 to 33 MPG, smooth and powerful, with all the great gadgets that you seem to never finish finding something new it can do. Then came the check engine lights, recalls and finally the threats from the vehicle of turn off before your trip is finished. DEF should have a bypass so not to make you fear to take a trip. I hope at ten thousand miles our dream vehicle did not turn into a nightmare. Over a week in the shop and still no word back from the dealer when the parts will come and if it will fix the problem for the long term.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here...Found this site while researching the apparently common CEL and related emissions problems.

I drive alot! 2014 GC Ltd, picked up in Jan '14, so I assume I have one of the earlier build vehicles. 18 months later in June '15 I got my first code, but unlike many, I was at 59,xxx miles! Most have seen failure much earlier, mileage-wise.

At this mileage, I'm easily at about 8 tanks of DEF, non of which was Mopar - all bulk from my shop. FYI.

3 times to the dealer, with the latest for a full cat replacement. Picking up 6 July...

Hope this is a one time fix, because I love this vehicle and engine combo! My 3rd GC, and my 8th Jeep!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I love this vehicle and had good reason for the first 4000 miles. Trip millage ranges between 32 to 33 MPG, smooth and powerful, with all the great gadgets that you seem to never finish finding something new it can do. Then came the check engine lights, recalls and finally the threats from the vehicle of turn off before your trip is finished. DEF should have a bypass so not to make you fear to take a trip. I hope at ten thousand miles our dream vehicle did not turn into a nightmare. Over a week in the shop and still no word back from the dealer when the parts will come and if it will fix the problem for the long term.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my vehicle back with 11150 miles on it and a "full cat replacement" along with a new drive line module what ever that is because they could not reset the shut off at X miles warring. I some how lost my 34% oil life and it now reads zero change now. My DEF is still at 100% full. It seems to be running well for now but I still don't trust it for another trip. The dealer shop told that setting things up required a lot of driving. I hope I get to drive it as much as they do. I'm going to try pulling my mower and other things down the Hwy. after all thats why I bought this engine and vehicle setup. .

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Wife and I were looking at and test drove the new GC Summit Diesel and loved it. We are ready to order one but I started to read Recalls, electrical problems with the display, and a engine wire harness issue that put the Jeep in "limp Mode" (30 mph)...I kept reading and hearing the horror stories of these new Jeep owners, most of which regret their purchase.

Has anyone had issues with their GC Diesel?
Thanks
They replaced my catalytic converter at 10,000 miles. Under warranty. Love my Diesel Powered JGC, best vehicle I have had in years. Love the torque. It has more torque than the 5.7 L V8 Hemi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your problem should be solved. Diesel engines in Europe are very common, and this engine is European (also mounted in Range Rover in Europe, and in Maserati Ghibli with a little more power. Typically 250,000 miles without problems (my sister and husband live in Europe and own several diesel powered vehicles with >200,000 miles driven.

My JGC had a cat replacement at 10,000 miles and has been sound and solid since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New member here...Found this site while researching the apparently common CEL and related emissions problems.

I drive alot! 2014 GC Ltd, picked up in Jan '14, so I assume I have one of the earlier build vehicles. 18 months later in June '15 I got my first code, but unlike many, I was at 59,xxx miles! Most have seen failure much earlier, mileage-wise.

At this mileage, I'm easily at about 8 tanks of DEF, non of which was Mopar - all bulk from my shop. FYI.

3 times to the dealer, with the latest for a full cat replacement. Picking up 6 July...

Hope this is a one time fix, because I love this vehicle and engine combo! My 3rd GC, and my 8th Jeep!
Should be a one time fix, and after that, a lot of fun miles! In my case: in two weeks Detroit - Green Bay, WI, and back. Should become a nice road trip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Wife and I were looking at and test drove the new GC Summit Diesel and loved it. We are ready to order one but I started to read Recalls, electrical problems with the display, and a engine wire harness issue that put the Jeep in "limp Mode" (30 mph)...I kept reading and hearing the horror stories of these new Jeep owners, most of which regret their purchase.

Has anyone had issues with their GC Diesel?
Thanks
Unfortunately, nothing but troubles with my Jeep with "check engine" light coming on every few hundred miles with dealer having no clue what is wrong. Constant software updates that make the car throw various service notices like "electronic throttle" and "electronic gear shifter" on dash. Random soft beeps that I cannot figure out why ? Check engine light codes are related to EGR sensor but the dealer says that these codes should not be appearing on a "Diesel model" . This car has been a total and utter disaster to own. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunately, nothing but troubles with my Jeep with "check engine" light coming on every few hundred miles with dealer having no clue what is wrong. Constant software updates that make the car throw various service notices like "electronic throttle" and "electronic gear shifter" on dash. Random soft beeps that I cannot figure out why ? Check engine light codes are related to EGR sensor but the dealer says that these codes should not be appearing on a "Diesel model" . This car has been a total and utter disaster to own. Just my 2 cents
69000 thousand miles with only CAT replacement at 44000 thousand miles.
Believe this diesel engine will last 300 thousand miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just clicked over 5k on my 15 Limited, and I have had 3 CEL lights but it is always the same message about the Cat's temps and most of the time it goes off before I even get to the dealer - I took it to my dealer here in Kansas City just for measure once, they were very upfront with me and said that they haven't dealt much with the Diesel in the Jeep's they only ever sold 3 including mine so if there are issues I might have to be patient with them. However they gave me 3 free oil changes and wrote in my customer log that if I had to bring the jeep in they would give me a loaner for the time at no charge, the GM Signed it and everything. So far I love my Jeep the 26.8 avg mpg and I drive mostly city so I use a bit more DEF Fluid I have used a full tank so far. I need to swing by the dealer and have them update the trans software but to be honest I have an app on my phone with a bluetooth adapter so if the CEL comes on I can read it, check it out and I don't worry too much about it. I figure after I have had it a year I will likely delete the Cat's and do a exhaust from Banks or someone and get rid of the DEF all together. This is my 2nd Jeep but First GC, I have owned 8 other Diesel trucks and I opted for this over a Ram with the 3.0 Diesel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Everyone ... I want to update on my status. The dealer had to open a STAR case for my check engine light coming on and off again and the codes were for EGR temperature. They found that it was a loose Temp Sensor and they replaced it. I was getting CEL every few miles on and off but after the replacement, no CEL.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just clicked over 5k on my 15 Limited, and I have had 3 CEL lights but it is always the same message about the Cat's temps and most of the time it goes off before I even get to the dealer - I took it to my dealer here in Kansas City just for measure once, they were very upfront with me and said that they haven't dealt much with the Diesel in the Jeep's they only ever sold 3 including mine so if there are issues I might have to be patient with them. However they gave me 3 free oil changes and wrote in my customer log that if I had to bring the jeep in they would give me a loaner for the time at no charge, the GM Signed it and everything. So far I love my Jeep the 26.8 avg mpg and I drive mostly city so I use a bit more DEF Fluid I have used a full tank so far. I need to swing by the dealer and have them update the trans software but to be honest I have an app on my phone with a bluetooth adapter so if the CEL comes on I can read it, check it out and I don't worry too much about it. I figure after I have had it a year I will likely delete the Cat's and do a exhaust from Banks or someone and get rid of the DEF all together. This is my 2nd Jeep but First GC, I have owned 8 other Diesel trucks and I opted for this over a Ram with the 3.0 Diesel.
I had the same exact issue and it was a loose temperature sensor. After the replacement, no more codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ecodiesel is good for picking up groceries etc but if you want to tow anything please be aware you will overheat. Towing 6000lb pound b pontoon and stuck on the side of the road right now waiting for my wife to brong my powerstroke. Go buy a used 7.3 and be done with it,

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ecodiesel is good for picking up groceries etc but if you want to tow anything please be aware you will overheat. Towing 6000lb pound b pontoon and stuck on the side of the road right now waiting for my wife to brong my powerstroke. Go buy a used 7.3 and be done with it,
I thought a trailer for a 6000lb pontoon boat weighed almost as much as the boat. Or was this total weight?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 GC Limited Diesel that I leased in May 2014. It now has 31k miles. Apparently it was not an early 2014 build, as I did not experience any issues with DEF or catalytic converter. My only real issue to-date has been an overheating issue, while towing about 6000 pounds. However, I had towed the same load on many trips previously without any overheating at all, and have done it many times since then. The issue was related to the coolant expansion tank cap. Very inconvenient, but no issues since then (about 10k miles). We love the car - trying to decide whether to buy it when it comes off lease in 8 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
See my comment above about my overheating issue. It was a one-time issue related to coolant cap. I have towed 6000 lbs on about 25 trips, most in hot summer weather, with no issues (except the one).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I recently just joined the forum. I have owned my JGC 2014 Summit Eco-diesel since December of 2013. There have been some glitch issues with getting the computer system zeroed in regarding DEF injection into the filter, but have been very pleased with the purchase. To date I have 43,000 miles on the Summit, with only one significant complaint...the Goodyear Fortera tires do not come close to their advertised miles. I am into my second set and getting ready to get my third due road noise from feathering/chopping. Always been balanced and rotated every 5K, even have done 4 wheel alignment twice.

I am writing to get feedback on an diesel odor I have been smelling in the cab with the windows rolled up and a/c on recirculate. The smell is also just as strong outside when I shut down the vehicle too. This has been occurring more frequently now, especially when I drive the engine harder (accelerating into traffic at an opening or higher speeds on interstate 80-100mph). The smell is definitely diesel fuel, but I am not finding any leaks under the vehicle when parked, not noticing any significant drops in miles per tank, or drops in mpg averages. Just a really strong odor.

In reading previous posts, many members have mentioned the GC burn odor when driving. I to had that, but it stopped after about 1500-3000 miles during break-in.

Has any one else had issues with strong diesel odors interiorly and exteriorly? If so please advise me for what to look for before I take into the dealership.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello all, I recently just joined the forum. I have owned my JGC 2014 Summit Eco-diesel since December of 2013. There have been some glitch issues with getting the computer system zeroed in regarding DEF injection into the filter, but have been very pleased with the purchase. To date I have 43,000 miles on the Summit, with only one significant complaint...the Goodyear Fortera tires do not come close to their advertised miles. I am into my second set and getting ready to get my third due road noise from feathering/chopping. Always been balanced and rotated every 5K, even have done 4 wheel alignment twice.

I am writing to get feedback on an diesel odor I have been smelling in the cab with the windows rolled up and a/c on recirculate. The smell is also just as strong outside when I shut down the vehicle too. This has been occurring more frequently now, especially when I drive the engine harder (accelerating into traffic at an opening or higher speeds on interstate 80-100mph). The smell is definitely diesel fuel, but I am not finding any leaks under the vehicle when parked, not noticing any significant drops in miles per tank, or drops in mpg averages. Just a really strong odor.

In reading previous posts, many members have mentioned the GC burn odor when driving. I to had that, but it stopped after about 1500-3000 miles during break-in.

Has any one else had issues with strong diesel odors interiorly and exteriorly? If so please advise me for what to look for before I take into the dealership.
I have my original Goodyears at about 40 K+ and am getting close to replacement. So, no complaints with the tires. I have no interior diesel odor. I do notice a mild diesel odor in the enclosed garage right after I park it, but that does not concern me. It dissipates fairly quickly.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts