Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched through hundreds of adds in a 250 mile radius and have only found two diesel jeeps for sale in the last month. I recently found an extremely well maintained 2014 GC Summit for 28k, but it‘s listed 3k+ above KBB. It only has 50k miles on it and several smaller upgrades (exhaust, SRT hood). It’s apparent it was owned by someone who babied the vehicle. I ran the vin and it has had the AEM upgrade and the owner received the payout. With how difficult it’s been to find one of these I’m considering paying the few extra thousand for what I want, even though it’s not the greatest deal. Supply and demand is a hell of a thing. I was hoping for weigh in from the community on this. Especially from those who may have a 2014/2015 and their issues/experiences with the vehicle. My biggest question is does the new extended warranty follow the vehicle? If I’m covered on the major expenditures for up to 10 years or 120k it may be worth the extra couple grand knowing what I’m covered for. Thoughts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Knowing what I know about the ecodiesels now, I don't think I would pay the premium for one. I would definitely check to see if it has a tuner. If not I would get one. I currently own JGC & Ram ED. Of the 2, I'll probably keep the JGC over the Ram mainly due to the cooling issues the Ram has. The dealers I have in my area (STL) have little knowledge of them & don't provide good service.

Something I recently discovered on my 2015 w/tow package is that it has load leveling rear shocks. Replacement shocks are 3x price of regular shocks.

Remember, the extended warranty is only on the emissions not an extended bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I had to do it over again, I'd go with a low mileage Hemi instead. All of the power, none of the emissions nonsense/reliability issues. You will more than cover the gap on total money spent vs. gas mileage, Plus you will have many more choices in color, interior, etc. These things really are only reliable when they are tuned and deleted. Obviously this means no warranty and not passing emissions if you have to. For people that live in a no emission place they are great, but if you want to maintain the warranty, your going to be in the shop a lot more than a gas model. I love my Ecodiesel GC, but its fully deleted, stage 2 tune, water meth injection. that's my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts