Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel, and I am looking for suggestions for a good fuel additive regimen. I have read that adding Seafoam to a tank every so often helps, and to also run an injector lubricant additive, just not sure what is best. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have always run Powerservice Diesel in our VW TDI. I have been reading a lot of the Ecodiesel like HotShots EDT so I picked a bottle up yesterday. I have a new favorite now and will start using it in the VW next fill up. The engine (fuel pump) was probably 50% quieter, runs smoother, and it took much less treatment.

I probably sound like a commercial but I was amazed at the difference.

With Powerservice, now EDT, you add a small amount at every fill. EDT is a little more per container but you only use 1/4 the amount.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WH.
15 Posts
Hi.
Is premium Diesel available to you. For example, i always use Shell V-Power Diesel. This Diesel has a healthy dose of additives and also has a percentage of synthetic Diesel that is made from natural gas.
If the premium Diesel is not available i use a product from Millers Oils. Are they available in US? I use the one called Diesel Power Ecomax. This increases the cetane rating and adds lubricants that help the high pressure fuel pump.
My OM642 engine is known for issues with EGR Valve and sticking Turbo vanes. In 6 years i have never had an issue. I put this down to very clean burning Diesel fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts