Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

It's time for me to get an oil change and I wanted to avoid going the dealership route to save some money. Im unsure on the status of the warranty, so I dont believe thats an issue. I bought the right specced oil filter online and trying to figure out the correct motor oil for my engine. The manual says Pennzoil 5w-30 Euro L, which I dont think you can find at any convenient location, and people on other forums are saying go with a 5w-40 oil. I went to a local napa auto and they recommended me Mobil Delvac ESP 1 5w-40. Will the Mobil 5w-40 work just fine in my 2014 diesel engine? Thank you for the advice.

·
Administrator
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I can tell you that changing your own oil will only void a warranty if you do something really wrong, but you do want to keep receipts for what you buy in case there is a problem later.

I can't answer your specific question, but in a similar situation I looked up the specification for the recommended oil and then matched it with the oil I could get. There should be an FCA specification that you can use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The official spec changed. If you look up the service manual online you will see 5w-40 is the new recommendation. After seeing a pissing match online someone posted a screenshot.

Rotella T6 5w-40 is the stuff if you can find it.

I just did my 1st change and had the same questions.

Edit: I also did the Liquimoly flush recommended on the Ram forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts