Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

After all the problems that I have faced with my GC in last three months, another issue cropped up last week and that is buzzing sound from the dash when the jeep goes past approx 50MPH . It is not the speaker as I have shut down the sound system and the buzzing sound remains. I am almost embarrassed to take this car back to the dealer as it would be for 5th time for different reasons in last 3 months. Has anyone encountered this problem with their JGC and if there was a resolution ? I would hate for dealer to keep it for another 2-3 days.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From other forums, apparently there is a STAR case for it S1323000022 . I have been unable to find a link where I can check the case details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue and they got a check engine light which the dealer had no idea how to fix and wouldn't b/c I am tuned. I found that the bolts holding the EGR tube on to the engine came loose and it was causing an air gap which is the humming noise almost like a bad ground. I would check that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey did anyone ever figure out that buzzing noise? I got a 14 grand Cherokee an it’s been to 3 shops they changed the amp unplugged speakers an it still does it. Love me Jeep but this noise is ridiculous!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going for my first service visit (since owning this vehicle). I have a similar buzzing. It doesn't always happen, but it does occasionally crop up.

I worry that I won't be able to reproduce it for the dealer when needed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EcoRyan,

If the dealership you are working with is similar to where I took my Jeep, they will probably pretend that they don't hear it or it is normal. I am appalled by Jeep dealership and customer service. I love the vehicle but getting service or support is very challenging. I had a Jeep dealership call me and tell me that my entire wiring harness needs to be replaced as there was a short in it. Come to find out that their tech was using diag tools for a gas motor and did not know the difference. I am almost scared to take this vehicle to a dealership cos good only knows what they will do to it. Simple stuff like new oil spec for the ecodiesel confuses the SAs .

Let me know if you find a fix for the buzzing sound.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same issue and they got a check engine light which the dealer had no idea how to fix and wouldn't b/c I am tuned. I found that the bolts holding the EGR tube on to the engine came loose and it was causing an air gap which is the humming noise almost like a bad ground. I would check that.
@MDA .. can you post a pic of the bolts that were loose. I will give it a shot.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also had a buzzing noise coming from the dash area on my 2014 GC Diesel. It turned out the "tin foil" on the firewall inside the engine compartment was vibrating. I ran a couple of 1" drywall screws with washers through the foil to attach it more firmly to the firewall and it's been quiet ever since (about 50,000 miles ago).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts