Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is diesel really worth it? Is the thing reliable? All the recalls and updates have been done. Runs and looks good.

Can I expect to get to 200k on the motor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is diesel really worth it? Is the thing reliable? All the recalls and updates have been done. Runs and looks good.

Can I expect to get to 200k on the motor?
Did you buy it?

Going in blind....
We bought a beautiful Overland with 111k mi. about 2 months ago.
Original owner. HWY miles driven
Dealer certified with 1 yr warranty
$16k
?
Thinking about adding an extended warranty.
It's being driven 400 miles a week on average MPG 25-28

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to ask for input here, as well. Looking at 2014 JGC Ltd 4x4. Has 120k on it, sold by Carmax, asking $18,998. I've had diesel Jetta before, loved it. Did my own oil, filter changes, put 120k on it. Want it to tow the boat up to the lake, not far, maybe 20 mi. each way. It would require trading in '15 Chrysler T&C, bought CPO, recent engine, trans work done under warranty, so no worries....car only has 70k on it, good for 150k.
Really concerned about reliability.......seems like so many issues here. Any input?? thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Going to ask for input here, as well. Looking at 2014 JGC Ltd 4x4. Has 120k on it, sold by Carmax, asking $18,998. I've had diesel Jetta before, loved it. Did my own oil, filter changes, put 120k on it. Want it to tow the boat up to the lake, not far, maybe 20 mi. each way. It would require trading in '15 Chrysler T&C, bought CPO, recent engine, trans work done under warranty, so no worries....car only has 70k on it, good for 150k.
Really concerned about reliability.......seems like so many issues here. Any input?? thanks.
The wild card is reliability, some are doing great, others no so great and not sure of the percentage as you mostly only hear from those with the "not so great" stories here and never hear much from the satisfied customer.

So far our 2014 140K miles now is running good even though it sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own with the smart features with rare intermittent issues. I loved it in the snow this year, watched other AWD/4WDs having problems where the Jeep just rolled right through. We also have pulled a tandem 17' trailer with a Honda Pioneer 700 SXS and didn't even know it was back there.

I will say Carmax gets top dollar and $18,998 seems to be on the pretty steep side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts