Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just recently found this site. Did some searches and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Anyway, my wife notices yesterday that a large piece of plastic/fiberboard/foamboard is hanging down under her jeep. It's a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with the Ecodiesel. She sent me a couple of pics yesterday and it almost looked as if someone had stolen her skid plate left some damage. I figured that if she hit something hard enough to do this damage, she would have felt it.

Upon further review, I guess that foamboard crap IS the only skid plate we had. I didn't even know. Looking at it last night, I could see that it is pretty weak stuff, and wouldn't take much to do this damage.

My question is, have any of you run into this issue? What did you do? I'm thinking about just tearing the whole panel off. Is it needed? Anyone got a replacement part number I could check out?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
IMG_2926.JPG
IMG_2928.JPG
IMG_2945.JPG

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow - yup she got hit right in the vulnerable area under the engine. There is an aftermarket metal plate that a company in Australia makes to fix that exact weakness. Problem is the shipping cost to the US basically doubles the price. The rest of us are just hoping for a cheaper solution to hit the market.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Perhaps a couple of layers of that black undercoating would add a little to it. Not steel I know..... But it's a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts