Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and haven't had a ton of time looking at all the comments. I have a 2015 Jeep GC ED with less than 5000k miles. My check engine light has come on now for the 6th time since I purchased the jeep in March of this year (2016). They say its the sensor and the notes on the invoice specify (EGT Sensor, Clean and/or replace). But it doesn't say what they actually did. Did they just clean it or replace the sensor. I just got my jeep back from the dealership (Friday, July 29th, 2016) for 2 recalls (Electronic Shifter and Left Front Brake Caliper, along with the check engine light). Today is Aug 2nd (4 days later) and my check engine light is back on (less then 100 miles). Is this typical for this Jeep GC ED? I paid a pretty penny for this Overland 4X4 ED and certainly didn't expect this to happen on a new car. I have a 2003 S500 that never has issues... Humm. Anyone else with this same issue? Any solutions, comments? I'm going through the blog now. Thank you in advance. DW

·
Registered
165 Posts
Someone mentioned about a 'loose wire' on a sensor causing a CEL. Hope your dealer has competent techs- I think that is cause of 90% of issues with these vehicles! I posted a list of 'highly rated dealers' under the 'Grand Cherokee Diesel Purchasing' section if cannot get satisfaction from yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts