Diesel Jeep Forum banner

2020 WIlly Diesel

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnWR 
#1 ·
Hi, Looking for help on an engine block heater for my 2020 Wrangler. Are they factory installed? Looking to see if there is something that would work when a plug-in is not available. Does that exist?

#3 ·
We go into the mountains to ski and often times there won't be a readily available plug for us to hook the block heater up to. We have the 3.0 L V-6. I don't think it was installed with an engine block heater, so I was looking to see if there was something that might work in an unconventional way

#4 ·
An interesting situation. I have not seen anything in practice, but the concept is feasible if you get inventive and are willing to take along the needed hardware.

A block heater requires a relatively significant amount of heat, so you are going to need a big battery or a generator to power an electric heater, or a burner of some kind to provide indirect heat. The generator or the burner will need low-temperature fuel, so you are looking at taking gasoline or propane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.