Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Took the Jeep in to get a partial 30K maintenance tune up at the dealer where I bought the Jeep. I did the oil change myself to save about $100.
I had them check the front and rear axles and transfer case fluid. It was ok. I had them change out the two fuel filters. Service manager argued with me that it only had one. I said it had two. Once up in the air, the tech saw that their was two...and that they order the wrong one (Jeep spent two nights in the shop).
I could hear a rattle coming from the (what I thought ) was the passenger door area. Ended up being the rear dosing fuel nozzle hitting under the vehicle. Tech re positioned and the sound is gone.
Washer fluid light never went out. I think I put some bad washer fluid in (prestone de icer or something like that)...so just using blue washer fluid from now on. Ended up shorting out the washer fluid sensor. I argued again with the service manager and got that changed out for free. Why should it matter what brand/type of washer fluid I use? He went on saying that it specifies in my manual what to use. Yeah, ok, Wal Mart, Auto Zone or whoever, doesnt carry that Mopar washer fluid and I m not paying extra for dealer brand stuff. Bad enough I dish out $28 for a 2.5 gallon jug of Mopar DEF fluid.
They updated the transmission software. No noticeable effect there.
Had them check my front hubs..they hum going around a corner...nothing found there.
Here are things they found and replaced under warranty...maybe somebody can translate for me what this is.
Perform rapid respons # 15-093 Perform RRT Replace converter and sensors, 68243268-AB, 68249511-AB, 68249512-AB, PCM reflash.
HUH?
Did they replace my cat? They said they had a hard time with fasteners being rusted (already??) and had to break/weld back on. ALL I KNOW IS...MY MPG WENT FROM 28MPG TO 21 MPG (avg last two tank fulls)!! and the Jeep seems to have lost power.
I ll call them today and see what they say.
I ll keep you all posted. So far, no codes on the dash.
Lee

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did they rep[lace the cat ?? Probably yes, because that's what happened to many of us here when the cat was changed out, LOSS OF MPG, but I'll speak only of my own experience.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they replaced the cat and two oxygen sensors. Their was nothing wrong with the old system as I never had any codes...
I am goin to give it a few more tanks to see if the mileage increases then will be calling the dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lee,
One thing I would add to my last post. It depends where you live temperature wise, because winter fuel and snow tires will diminish mileage as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the Jeep last winter and we had it alot colder vs what we have right now for winter temps (suppose to be 50 on Monday). The new tires I got weigh 23lbs more (all 4 added together) vs the original ones. Mileage is only at 23 compared to 28 that I have been getting...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a problem like that once a long time ago. My new tires were not the same size as my old. Not that I think that that is your problem. A good GPS could confirm the accuracy of your speedometer. Mine has always been dead on with the dash....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tires were the same dimensions as the old ones.
Even last year when the temps were in the -10 to -20 range..still never got below 26mpg per tank. Now, after the cat work got done, barely getting over 23mpg (avg last two tanks since dealer did the work). Driving routine is the same. Same route to/from work. Drive 19 miles one way. The hills that I once was able to do in 8th gear now usually happen in 7th, full tank or even at a quarter tank. I will be talking to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Washer fluid light never went out. I think I put some bad washer fluid in (prestone de icer or something like that)...so just using blue washer fluid from now on. Ended up shorting out the washer fluid sensor. I argued again with the service manager and got that changed out for free. Why should it matter what brand/type of washer fluid I use? He went on saying that it specifies in my manual what to use. Yeah, ok, Wal Mart, Auto Zone or whoever, doesnt carry that Mopar washer fluid and I m not paying extra for dealer brand stuff. Bad enough I dish out $28 for a 2.5 gallon jug of Mopar DEF fluid.
I really hate to see someone say that. It is actually illegal for them to void the warranty due to the use of acceptable fluids. Its called the
Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. You DO NOT have to use Mopar fluids to have your warranty honored...you can also use any DEF that meets the same standards as the Mopar DEF.

Been a Harley rider for years...it is super common to have to use that act to get things done. Be sure you know your rights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts