Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been researching how to bypass the swirl valve, when it goes out on the older 06-08 WK CRD Mercedes engines. There are older YouTube posts on how to install a resistor on there to bypass it, but nothing recent on where you can actually buy one of these. Can someone please point me in the right direction?!

·
Administrator
51 Posts
I’ve been researching how to bypass the swirl valve, when it goes out on the older 06-08 WK CRD Mercedes engines. There are older YouTube posts on how to install a resistor on there to bypass it, but nothing recent on where you can actually buy one of these. Can someone please point me in the right direction?!
Assuming that you are just looking for a resistor to solder into the circuit, and not some sort of emulator "kit", I have had good dealings with a company called Adafruit for electronics and parts.

Here is the 4.7k resistor on their site: Through-Hole Resistors - 4.7K ohm 5% 1/4W - Pack of 25 Of course you will be paying more for postage than the parts, and you really don't need 25 of them.

Radio Shack carried these when they were in business, and you may be able to find a local electronics store that would have them.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WH.
19 Posts
Hi.
You can buy a plug and play emulator from a company in the UK. Not cheap, but if that is what you want then ask if they will post to U.S.

Chrysler 300c Swirl Port Emulator (custom300cshop.co.uk)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.