Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new Jeep!
Limited 4x4, Diesel (obviously), Luxury Group II, Off-Road II, 8.4AN, Maximum Steel with black interior.
Quoted 6-8 weeks, said it would most likely be closer to 8 which was interesting because the first dealer we went to quoted 4-6, closer to 4. Not sure what that means, but I'm dang excited.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It won't be that long I order mine nov 15 the same options picked up dec 20, 4 weeks is the average time to build, ship and to the dealers lot, right now I am gonna post a pic of it you are gonna love it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't be that long I order mine nov 15 the same options picked up dec 20, 4 weeks is the average time to build, ship and to the dealers lot, right now I am gonna post a pic of it you are gonna love it.
Thanks, I'm hoping it's closer to 4-5 weeks than 6-8. Our salesman said we would receive updates via email on how the build is going, how long does it generally take to start getting those?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ordered my limited on the 23rd of Nov. it took 3weeks to get to production and now has been in final inspection for almost a week. nothing special..... Just a 4x2 with a tow and engine heater. Never received any emails. I will post when it ships....but 8 weeks is going to be closer to the truth for me.
Just ordered a new Jeep!
Limited 4x4, Diesel (obviously), Luxury Group II, Off-Road II, 8.4AN, Maximum Steel with black interior.
Quoted 6-8 weeks, said it would most likely be closer to 8 which was interesting because the first dealer we went to quoted 4-6, closer to 4. Not sure what that means, but I'm dang excited.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered my limited on the 23rd of Nov. it took 3weeks to get to production and now has been in final inspection for almost a week. nothing special..... Just a 4x2 with a tow and engine heater. Never received any emails. I will post when it ships....but 8 weeks is going to be closer to the truth for me.
How did you find out when it went to production/inspection?

·
Registered
164 Posts
How did you find out when it went to production/inspection?
I called my salesman after about 10 days and asked how to track and he gave me the VIN which has to be generated fist. Then I went to Jeep VOTS vehicle on line tracking which I googled. I'm thinking the salesman did not enter my email because if the system works right you are supposed to get notifications of every step. Of course if the vehicle is not ordered for you and is one of those you get first refusal deals I have no clue. Now I just check everyday. When it comes it comes...seems I'm always waiting for something anyways.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The vehicle order tracking system is not accurate at all it still shows my vehicle in ship status from the factory, the jeep was sitting in my garage until I had to take it back to service day because all the electronics went completely dead- it was too good to be true thought they would have noticed this problem prior to taking it home. So much for quality control at the factory.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The vehicle order tracking system is not accurate at all it still shows my vehicle in ship status from the factory, the jeep was sitting in my garage until I had to take it back to service day because all the electronics went completely dead- it was too good to be true thought they would have noticed this problem prior to taking it home. So much for quality control at the factory.
I never thought it was... it's up to the dealership to clear it from shipment. Also that group of workers caught by fox TV drinking beer and smoking dope on their break was from the Jefferson North plant. quality control nowadays is done by the consumer... It's cheaper to repair or replace than to verify. I think that it is the luck of the draw..... I just keep my fingers crossed and hope that the person installing my brakes or electronics didn't just stager in from lunch. I don't want anyone to get stuck with a lemon.... Luckily Lemon laws exist to address that problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As others have stated the VOTS online system does not very reliable. I ordered my JGC Summit 4x4 diesel in late November. On Dec 23rd the VOTS system finally moved from "production" status to "paint" status. It just skipped over the "frame" status. So my question is when should I expect to pickup my new ride? Delivery should not take the long since I live in Ohio where the GJC is assembled.

·
Registered
164 Posts
As others have stated the VOTS online system does not very reliable. I ordered my JGC Summit 4x4 diesel in late November. On Dec 23rd the VOTS system finally moved from "production" status to "paint" status. It just skipped over the "frame" status. So my question is when should I expect to pickup my new ride? Delivery should not take the long since I live in Ohio where the GJC is assembled.
mine showed up in paint on the 16th then final inspection on the 18th... And there it sits... I'm kinda getting the impression that VOTS is not tied directly Into production and the person or persons responsible for keeping it updated is part time at best.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not too concerned if its perfectly accurate, just would like some updates along the way. I know production has been off for a week and a half, so I doubt I'll see anything for another 2-3.

Merry Christmas all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Week 5 halfway over.... I would think that when they say 6 to 8 weeks that the 7th and 8th week is to address things like the holiday season. So I'm figuring two more weeks. But it's O.K. because if it had of shown up I would have had to let it set on the lot until I cleared my work load. Besides if they resolve this "electrical" problem in the mean time it might save me some grief. As far as the smell goes...... I pushed diesel trucks through the cold war and Vietnam.... diesel heated our tents cooked our meals and supplied power. Now now I have about 200 gallons in my basement heating my house. I'm kinda looking forward to it. It is my understanding that the DEF has a shelf life and an ammonia smell if it gets to old. So I plan on not topping off and running it almost dry before adding more.

i

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ours (JGC-Summit) took 6 weeks. My dealer sent me Order # so I could track on VOTS. VOTS not very helpful.
Arrived at dealer in PA. on 11 Dec. Picked ud up on 16 Dec, delayed due to weather and PDI.
760 miles so far and loving it. Turn ECO selector off for city driving, on for highway. Average 27.7 MPG so far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I spent time around military diesel trucks and equipment as well and I don't think it's deisel people are smelling. The smell is more preservative oils used to keep exhausts and other parts from showing rust before installing. Heating up the coated metals causes the smell. It lessons as you drive and all systems get hot. Mine has almost dissipated at 730 miles.
I bought 2.5 gallons of DEF at Walmart as reserve. DEF freezes below 12 degrees but not sure it expires.
No electrical issues so far and don't expect any as recall notice showed production corrections and my dealer double checked any outsatanding TSBs before I picked it up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
One of my customers makes the stuff. He has a company called Fleetserve and he produces it in large quantities. He told me it does expire and that it picks up an ammonia smell when it does. also I found this in the Q & A of Cumminsfiltration.com "The shelf life of DEF is a function of ambient storage temperature. DEF will degrade over time depending on temperature and exposure to sun light. Expectations for shelf life as defined by ISO Spec 22241-3 are the minimum expectations for shelf life when stored at constant temperatures. If stored
between 10 and 90 deg F, shelf life will easily be one year. If the maximum temperature does not exceed approximately 75 deg F for an extended period of time, the shelf life will be two years". It also says DEF expands 7% when freezing and that freezing and thawing will not cause it to degrade.
I do agree with you on the smell.... Anyone who has had an exhaust system replaced knows that smell. The trick is not to spill any diesel on you when you refuel. Disposable gloves are cheap enough.
I'm in this for the Tow... and my present tow vehicle and trailer never sees a full tank of anything unless there is a reason.
If I could find dehydrated water I would by it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered mine on Nov. 13 and received it on Dec. 19. It was released from factory on Dec 9 and unloaded from railcar in PA on the 14th. Took about a week from that to get, most likely delayed because of weather. Total of just over 6 weeks to get. I don't think that was too bad considering it took 10 weeks for me to get my Frontier.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Week 5 done.... Good news.... FedEx just delivered the Weathertech Floor liners my son ordered us for Xmas. Bad news... It's still sitting in Final Inspection. This week and next week are pretty much "fly over weeks" anyway and I don't think it will ship next week either. But that does give me time to start my taxes, make up some kind of witty bumper sticker and perhaps find a plastic Jesus for the dashboard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Week 5 done.... Good news.... FedEx just delivered the Weathertech Floor liners my son ordered us for Xmas. Bad news... It's still sitting in Final Inspection. This week and next week are pretty much "fly over weeks" anyway and I don't think it will ship next week either. But that does give me time to start my taxes, make up some kind of witty bumper sticker and perhaps find a plastic Jesus for the dashboard.
Dealers don't have better insight than the VOTS system either. I bought one that was coming in to the dealer already (not custom build). Was originally told within 2 weeks on the 18th. Checked on Thursday and they said 2-3 weeks. Friday AM they called and said it showed up that morning.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Logged onto VOT's this morning which is the beginning of the 6th week. It has gone from Final Inspection to Shipped. I think it shipped sometime over the last week and they are just now updating the web site..... but whatever.... Somewhere in the first two weeks of the new year is what I planed on when I first saw the article in Truck Trend 8 months ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts