Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had the cataylic converter and all replaced and all has been well since. Now we have had some cold tempurtures here in north Dakota and the check engine light keeps coming on with code p204f I am assuming its cause the def is freezing has anyone else had this issue and how was it resolved

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my jeep is in the shop awaiting a new def pump I guess part is on backorder
How long did it take for your pump to come in? Im in a similar situation a catalytic converter and it's backordered with no estimate arrival date. Are you still waiting or did it come pretty quick?

·
Registered
5 Posts
After they do the work they have always had to drive it to clear
Ok thank. It seems theyre having trouble getting it to clear. They said they were driving it but it hasnt cleared yet. Believe they drove it for 50 miles and it hasnt cleared.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have to maintain a certain speed for I think forty miles they had me do it once and the instructions are pretty specific when I did it cleared one mile before what they're paper said to drive it you can't drive like twenty and turn around it needs to be the full distance at a certain speed

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was driving my vehicle waiting for a cat when the will not start in xxx came up. They had me bring it in, gave me a loaner and informed me that they may need to put a few miles to clear codes. Three days latter I picked up the vehicle..... they cleared the will not start.. topped of the DEF.... and put no more than 20 miles on and apologized for that. They did not charge me for the DEF.

So far... I identify a problem..... they tell me if I can wait without creating more problems ..... if not they take it then..... if yes we wait so they can get all their ducks in a row. Then they fix it.

I have no reason to believe the dealership I use has a special relationship with Chrysler. Nor do I with this dealership. I looked at five dealerships before I settled on this one. Then I bought the vehicle there.

The weather is starting to clear and I am back to driving my Prius to work. I'm savings my warranted miles for summer and trailer.......I have had mine for 14 months now and have 12,000 miles on it. Without my trailer I would not need or have this vehicle. But I will be trading my trailer in for a larger one after I sell my house. And I am asking again of those of you who are so critical......... If not this JGC..... then what?

·
Registered
59 Posts
hold up....the dealership guys have to drive your jeep for xx miles?! Anything more than 1 should raise concern. I don't buy for a second that a car needs to be driven to clear the codes....a freaking OBD2 reader can do that, right? Are they paying for the diesel (which is going back up in price)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They have driven it couple times and also did it for them once and it was printed out right from the engineers on what to do and no they didn't pay for the diesel I argued with jeep with the star case about that and got some free accessories for it and more warranty for free

·
Registered
124 Posts
A test drive in a vehicle after repairs seems reasonable. An OBDII meter clears the codes but then you then need to drive it to clear the unready's. Here in Mass it will not pass emissions otherwise. Could take as much as a hundred miles although 60 should be enough to reset the codes and get the vehicle through inspection. With the DEF system an additional condition is that the temperature be above 50 further complicates things. I have been offered a waiver but I intend to pass on that. I'm going to wait until this weather breaks to insure repairs were good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They and I had to drive it to clear the countdown they were unable to do with there machine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We.... or at least I.... don't want them clearing things. I want them fixing things. And then driving it until the vehicle clears it. In my case two gallons of fresh DEF and a software update cleared the" in xx vehicle wont start problem".

·
Registered
69 Posts
For the system lean code the last two service visits they drove the car 150 miles. 75 each visit. I asked for fuel and they topped the tank. Then the MIL light came back on twice a couple of hundred miles later.
I don't think "they have too" but they were trying to duplicate the problem. You do have to drive the vehicle a number of steady highway miles to clear the exhaust filter message though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts