Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a bad or sticky thermostat trigger the regen notification on the diesel. I have GC 2016 that periodically goes to regen and can drive it out, but the process is annoying.
Additionally, is this part of the whole lawsuit/recalls that have been happening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 that's had regen issues: I drive 40 freeway miles daily (M-F) and occasionally pull a 4,000 trailer, and my regen cycle comes on frequently (every 2 weeks or so). In late July it got to over 90% while pulling my trailer and triggered some other issue with injectors (I think). The power shut down to less than 50mph and it cost me over $1000 at the Jeep dealer. The frequent regen cycle continued. this week the check engine came on followed by regen a few minutes later; the dealer says it's the thermostat not letting the engine get hot enough to regen properly. Sounds weird to me since regen is created by an additional fuel burn (if I understand it correctly). And, my engine temp is never on the "cold" side on the monitor. HELP if you can. They want $700 to replace the thermostat. Shit, when I was young they cost $25 and I could change it myself in half an hour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts