Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replaced radiator and all hoses pressure and vacuum test cooling system
Cooling system and Expansion tank flushed out twice , Brown Orange Hoat scum from mopar coolant but no (blackish soot) in Expansion tank.
Over 12 week blackish SOOT build up in Coolant tank no diesel smell, coolant loss 100 ml
coolant Clean.
DPF burn temp okay data log engine temp okay
Combustion gases no positive test in cooling system ?
engine oil okay
Gas Wood Natural material Composite material Metal
Liquid Automotive lighting Hood Water Fluid
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood
Fluid Liquid Foam Freezing Macro photography
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Fluid Vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Soot?.....Interesting. I had OIl dumping overboard from the expansion tank...2-4-cups of it. Parking spot a mess. Investigation found OIL COOLER on driver side of engine (below oil filter) was leaking OIL into COOLANT. The oil pressure is much greater than the coolant pressure so it sent oil OUT rather than Coolant IN.....
Oil cooler is hard to find at this time and costs $500. The cooling system was flushed with dish deterg about 4 times and water 5 times. Still gets a slight oil sheen on the coolant tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soot?.....Interesting. I had OIl dumping overboard from the expansion tank...2-4-cups of it. Parking spot a mess. Investigation found OIL COOLER on driver side of engine (below oil filter) was leaking OIL into COOLANT. The oil pressure is much greater than the coolant pressure so it sent oil OUT rather than Coolant IN.....
Oil cooler is hard to find at this time and costs $500. The cooling system was flushed with dish deterg about 4 times and water 5 times. Still gets a slight oil sheen on the coolant tank.
I found that the good quality hose i used was not compatible with cooling system it was not designed for heater radiator use, it was breaking down. This hose vents back from thermostat back to the expansion tank. still have to check and flow this through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts