Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope to gain your insight on this one. 2015 GC Limited with 3.0 Ecodiesel. Two weeks ago the CEL came on with a P202E Reductant Injection Valve Circuit Range/Performance code. I have an OBD2 reader and reset the code. I pretty much suspected that the DEF froze.

My issue is that this code is one of the permanent emissions codes that regulators made Jeep put into the ECM - this one told me that in 200 miles my engine would no longer restart. Not fun when you are 120 miles from the dealership. I won't go into my feelings on this type of thing generally.

I made it to the dealer, who promptly charged me $250 for cleaning and testing the DEF injector (all good), clearing the P202E code, and doing a parked regen.

My question is whether any of you know what the procedure is to clear the P202E code. My understanding is that it can only be cleared with a drive cycle test. I don't know what that is and didn't want to waste my 'miles to no-start' trying to figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, sounds like your DEF froze. Resetting via AlfaOBD could be an option. However, if the sensor or DEF injector was harmed by the freezing, the code would come back.

I get a P203E code for faulty DEF level sensor. I'm able to reset & continue on my way.

FYI, there is a work around for if the countdown goes to 0. It's simply a jumper on the starter relay that will allow you to start & run vehicle until the next time you turn it off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts