Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post here and I wanted to say hello! I recently bought a lightly used 2015 GC Overland 4WD w/ the EcoDiesel and also the offroad II package (had about 33k miles when I bought it, now am at 37.5k). See pic attached.

Anyway, I went into the Dealer last week (after signing up for the EcoDiesel settlement lawsuit website) for the Emissions re-tune for the ECU and TCU. Overall, I am very pleased with the tune and feel the Jeep is less sluggish, responds a bit faster to the throttle, and also holds gears longer while accelerating (it used to go into 8th gear at like 50mph.. it doesn't do that at all anymore I have noticed). I have read some of the other posts on here with people saying the opposite experience (sluggish throttle, feels slower, etc.) though. I have put about 500 miles on the Jeep since the tune last week (I live a little bit outside of Houston, TX and driving on the hwy is a must almost anywhere).

Also, I do have one question that I cannot figure out via the forum search, google, or asking other Jeep owners. I see multiple posts about the 'Sport' button but I cannot find any sport button.. I know where it is on other Jeep's (beneath the head unit and HVAC controls on the dash). I only have three buttons though (no sport button). Here is a picture (attached). Is this because my Jeep has the Off Road II package, or because it is the Overland trim and not a Summit? I am just wondering why all the other Jeeps have a sport button, or so it feels anyway.

Thank you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
You sure they aren't referring to Sport Mode, where you pull back on the shifter after it is in drive? I have a 2015 and that's how I go into sport mode. Maybe when they changed the shifter they added the button?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sure they aren't referring to Sport Mode, where you pull back on the shifter after it is in drive? I have a 2015 and that's how I go into sport mode. Maybe when they changed the shifter they added the button?
Ah, that may be why I cannot find the button. I will try that tomorrow and will update here. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enjoy the Jeep! We love ours, though I admit that all the problems people keep posting do make me worry. We did like you and got an off-lease 2015, though ours isn't CPO (that I'm aware of.) We're also at about 37K and very happy.
Thank you, I am (so far) very happy! This is my first actual SUV/Truck (I have always had cars, most of which were either German or Jap and turbocharged, but never Diesel). I just rolled over 38k last night and am debating eventually getting the GDE tune but want to read more into that before the purchase, especially since I do not want to void the warranty now that it has been extended for much of the components I believe will fail first.

My Jeep was actually part of a double trade from an elderly couple who lived in a rural part of Texas.. I guess their Ford SuperDuty from 2014 was not enough for them lol so they traded the Jeep GC Eco + the older SuperDuty for a brand new one. I bet the dealership loves them.. ha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.