Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
We got the "Exhaust Filter 97 % Full ..." message. Then as soon as it appeared, it disappeared. My wife was in the middle of town and headed for the freeway to recharge the system. Before she got there, it went into limp mode and she got the message "Exhaust Filter 100% Full Service Required See Dealer" along with a second message "Service Electronic Throttle Control". She then limped to the dealer and we felt lucky to get it manually recharged same day for $200.

That is pure garbage to have a warning appear at 97%, then go off, and a few minutes later the car is in limp mode. And she did not miss earlier warnings. We bought the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel new (fortunately with the extended warranty) and so this hasn't been our first rodeo with the car. We were one of the first to get the redesigned catalytic converter after 11 trips to the dealer with check engine lights going on. The mechanics were always on the phone with Chrysler engineers trying to figure out what was going on with the emissions system. During that time, we also had the hose to the turbo pop off while my wife was in traffic and it went into limp mode. What a nightmare. This vehicle was so close to being gold. The engine has been in Europe for years, but our air quality standards have made it a disaster in the US. Hopefully the tweaked version coming out next year has a lot of this crap fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You absolutely should not have had to pay for that service. Have you spoken to your dealer about the lawsuit settlement on the diesels?
Go to Ecodiesel settlement and file your claim. Have you gotten teh AEM update?
We got the update back in August if I recall correctly. We received the settlement and we are waiting to sign until we hear back from the dealership on this regen issue. It happened again this morning, making me 25 minutes late for work while I drove around on the freeway until it finished. It has been like clockwork since the update -- every 2.5 weeks it goes into regen mode. My guess is we will have to pay for a new exhaust filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts