Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good news for me. My Exhaust Filter was 100% full and the dealership preformed a manuel reiteration for free. They said the EGR cooler was to blame and the EGR cooler will be replaced under warranty. Don't pay, have Chrysler pay for it.

I had the Diesel Recall V08 performed at 75k and was giving the extended warranty. At 85k a check engine light came on code P2002 (particulate filter efficiency below threshold. Shortly there after my Diesel exhaust filter became 100%. It triggered the electronic throttle warning and the car became sluggish and lost torque. I had to take it to the dealership. Of course at first they blamed it on me and said they would preform a manuel regeneration at a cost from me. But luckily I guess a mechanic inspected the EGR and found a leak. Noted that the EGR leaks into the TGR tube and found deposits. Also found that the intake manifold is wet due to coolant leaking from internal cooler. States that that is what causes the exhaust filter to become full and prevents it from regenerating properly.

So they performed the manuel regeneration of the diesel exhaust filter without a cost to me. EGR is back ordered but supposedly will be replaced under warranty.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts