Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think we need to clear up some things. The DPF regeneration process is triggered automatically when the filter is nearing full. The message in the cluster says "Exhaust Filter Nearing Full. Safely Drive at Highway Speed to Remedy." Once you drive long enough for the exhaust to be hot enough, this will change to "Exhaust System Regeneration in Process. Continue Driving" - and that message will stay on until the regeneration is complete (about 10-15 minutes in my experience). I've seen this series of messages in my 2014 GC several times.

If you get the 100% full message, I think the only recourse is to take it to the dealer and have them do a manual regeneration. I've never once seen this message.
Live in CA and have 110,000 on my 2014 eco-diesel Grand Cherokee. Never had issues with it until the recall. No I get this message ALOT. When I was commuting 5 hrs a day it would clean itself so it was just annoying. Now with Covid, I don't drive. I got in Friday and it said to keep driving, however, I had 2 appts to go to which were short trips so I did that. Then I figured Saturday I would drive around a bit to take care of this message and it said 100% full. At that point the car was almost useless, the more you press on the gas the more it would almost stall out. Tried to get on the freeway and it was going slower and slower, almost got hit by a semi. Now the dealer tells me this is not covered by the extended warranty and I just have to pay for the regeneration because the Jeep is useless at this point.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts