Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think we need to clear up some things. The DPF regeneration process is triggered automatically when the filter is nearing full. The message in the cluster says "Exhaust Filter Nearing Full. Safely Drive at Highway Speed to Remedy." Once you drive long enough for the exhaust to be hot enough, this will change to "Exhaust System Regeneration in Process. Continue Driving" - and that message will stay on until the regeneration is complete (about 10-15 minutes in my experience). I've seen this series of messages in my 2014 GC several times.

If you get the 100% full message, I think the only recourse is to take it to the dealer and have them do a manual regeneration. I've never once seen this message.

·
Registered
148 Posts
------------------------------------------------
In my last visit to the dealership, the service manager told me they will be coming out with GC diesesl in 2019. But he doesn't think it will a different engine.
I was just looking online last night on Jeep’s build page and the Diesel engine is listed as an available option for several of the trim levels, so they must getting ready to sell them again if they aren’t already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts