Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think we need to clear up some things. The DPF regeneration process is triggered automatically when the filter is nearing full. The message in the cluster says "Exhaust Filter Nearing Full. Safely Drive at Highway Speed to Remedy." Once you drive long enough for the exhaust to be hot enough, this will change to "Exhaust System Regeneration in Process. Continue Driving" - and that message will stay on until the regeneration is complete (about 10-15 minutes in my experience). I've seen this series of messages in my 2014 GC several times.

If you get the 100% full message, I think the only recourse is to take it to the dealer and have them do a manual regeneration. I've never once seen this message.
100% correct Casey. This DPF issue is the Only gripe I have about this vehicle. I've had a full filter twice....once was my fault for not jumping on it right away and the second time I got a warning then limp mode within 10 minutes. Both times my awesome service department did a manual regen to clear it for me. First time was $100 (extended warranty) and the second was free because they know its a BS problem. It sound like the service department to the post above is full of idiots. An oil change, damage to the filter and $8K for a new one?!?!? Dude is smoking crack.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts