Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I had a 2014 (they eventually bought it back) the cats were changed under warranty.

The other filter is self cleaning and you will see a message on the instrument cluster when it's occurring.

·
Registered
74 Posts
One would think it's covered. If they say no then ask them for a list of "emission components" that are.

I have a 2016 with 40,000 miles. I've seen the message probably twice. A fifteen mile highway drive fixed it. If you interrupt he process while it's occurring it is never completing the cycle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good news for me. My Exhaust Filter was 100% full and the dealership preformed a manuel reiteration for free. They said the EGR cooler was to blame and the EGR cooler will be replaced under warranty. Don't pay, have Chrysler pay for it.

I had the Diesel Recall V08 performed at 75k and was giving the extended warranty. At 85k a check engine light came on code P2002 (particulate filter efficiency below threshold. Shortly there after my Diesel exhaust filter became 100%. It triggered the electronic throttle warning and the car became sluggish and lost torque. I had to take it to the dealership. Of course at first they blamed it on me and said they would preform a manuel regeneration at a cost from me. But luckily I guess a mechanic inspected the EGR and found a leak. Noted that the EGR leaks into the TGR tube and found deposits. Also found that the intake manifold is wet due to coolant leaking from internal cooler. States that that is what causes the exhaust filter to become full and prevents it from regenerating properly.

So they performed the manuel regeneration of the diesel exhaust filter without a cost to me. EGR is back ordered but supposedly will be replaced under warranty.
I had the same issue a couple of months back at 78,000 miles. It took six weeks to get all the parts. All covered plus a rental car as the dealer said it wasn't drivable like that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
After two GC Eco-Diesels (2014 and 2015) I finally jumped ship. The last straw was at 82000 miles on the 2015 and I got the same throttle body message. It was in the shop three weeks for a throttle body kit. Surprisingly I never has a filter issue. I did use fuel additives regularly though.
I switch to Cadillac last month and I love my XT5 at the same price of the diesel GC with the same bells and whistles. After three 300C's and two Jeeps I'll never go back. Sorry Jeep, you effed up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had so many issues with my es

I have had so many issues with my exhaust

How did you get it to be bought back? I am having so many issues with my JGC ed i keep having to be late from lunch and things of that sort because I have to drop what I am doing and look for an open highway to regenerate which is close to impossible here in So California, I have had a cat replaced several particulate filters and eve the exhaust filter super stressed because my extended Chrysler warranty is almost expired.
I didn't, the dealer did it on their own. I didn't even ask. The vehicle has to have less than 12,000 miles and be less than 12 months old. Mine was 11 months old. It simply spent a solid almost six months in the shop. Sometimes over a month per visit. After my 2014 and 2015 GC Eco Summits, I'm loving my Caddy XT5. My Jeep days are over though I do miss some of the little things they had. My last visit was for two fuel pumps at 80,000 miles. This was the second time they were replaced the latest was with the extended warrant due to the fuel economy litigation. They were warranty but that was the last straw for me. Just tired of it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts