Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a funny interaction regarding this right after i bought my 2014 GC Diesel (used) about a year ago- Message popped up that it needed to be replaced, and told me I must go to the dealer, so i did (Where I bought it). Got a phone call, they were waiting on the part so I was comped a rental car and got a phone call a couple of days later that it WASNT under warranty, and it would be $2800! I simply said, "check again, and call me back with a better answer" Sure enough I got the call and it was covered under the exhaust warranty. Service writer handed me my keys apologized and said that he would trade in the diesel once that warranty was up if parts were that much.
TL;DR - yes, it's warranty as long as you're under the mileage/time.
Edit: I love this car though, and haven't had any major issues. Bought it at 36K miles, and im just nearing 60K now

·
Registered
8 Posts
We got the "Exhaust Filter 97 % Full ..." message. Then as soon as it appeared, it disappeared. My wife was in the middle of town and headed for the freeway to recharge the system. Before she got there, it went into limp mode and she got the message "Exhaust Filter 100% Full Service Required See Dealer" along with a second message "Service Electronic Throttle Control". She then limped to the dealer and we felt lucky to get it manually recharged same day for $200.

That is pure garbage to have a warning appear at 97%, then go off, and a few minutes later the car is in limp mode. And she did not miss earlier warnings. We bought the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel new (fortunately with the extended warranty) and so this hasn't been our first rodeo with the car. We were one of the first to get the redesigned catalytic converter after 11 trips to the dealer with check engine lights going on. The mechanics were always on the phone with Chrysler engineers trying to figure out what was going on with the emissions system. During that time, we also had the hose to the turbo pop off while my wife was in traffic and it went into limp mode. What a nightmare. This vehicle was so close to being gold. The engine has been in Europe for years, but our air quality standards have made it a disaster in the US. Hopefully the tweaked version coming out next year has a lot of this crap fixed.
You absolutely should not have had to pay for that service. Have you spoken to your dealer about the lawsuit settlement on the diesels?
Go to Ecodiesel settlement and file your claim. Have you gotten teh AEM update?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts