Diesel Jeep Forum banner

21 - 27 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
And the diesel stories continue! To start, I LOVE my 2015 GC diesel. But our local dealer is making it harder and harder to do this!
I did the recall, V08, which they charged me for some BS part I still can't figure out. They stated they needed to replace it before the Jeep could be updated on the software. This was done at 39k miles a in Feb 2020. Now, I have the "Exhaust filter full" warning. Took it back in, and they stated it was not a warranty issue because I have a fuel filter that is 100% plugged (only 5500 miles on it) and "bad viscosity in the oil". And they are the ones that do the oil changes at $190 a pop!
I asked to speak to the service manager about it, trying to understand how my oil viscosity is tied to the exhaust filter being full, but no return calls, and no one in the office when I go by.
So after a few days, I am picking up the Jeep, and paying the $590 to get it out of there!!
On a side note, I did talk to Jeep Customer care, and the representative was very scripted, and basically stated, they are a franchise dealer, and Jeep has NO control over how they run their service department.
I am sooo disappointed in Jeep, I have never had a manufacturer refuse to work with a dealer to resolve an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am glad I found this forum... I really love this vehicle, however, with only 70K on it I have had it to the dealership 4 times now for the particulate filter issue. No warnings, just "100% full, see dealer" and "service throttle control". The dealership has told me it's my driving and then the fuel filter being clogged then the regen-process requires the oil life to be above 30% and now the oxygen sensor was faulty. They have not charged me for the regen service, just everything else! Also, they haven't been able to give a straight answer as to the lack of warning on the dash that's supposed to tell you to drive it at highway speeds. Being from Canada, i'm not sure if we have a class action suit to mirror that of the States. if anyone knows, I'd sure love to know. I'm at my wits end with this vehicle that I love and frankly am ready to jump ship from Jeep forever...

·
Registered
69 Posts
After two GC Eco-Diesels (2014 and 2015) I finally jumped ship. The last straw was at 82000 miles on the 2015 and I got the same throttle body message. It was in the shop three weeks for a throttle body kit. Surprisingly I never has a filter issue. I did use fuel additives regularly though.
I switch to Cadillac last month and I love my XT5 at the same price of the diesel GC with the same bells and whistles. After three 300C's and two Jeeps I'll never go back. Sorry Jeep, you effed up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have
I have a 2014 GC. Diesel exhaust filter is 100% full (due to no fault of my own) and now I HAVE to take it to the dealer per my warning light.

I have read up on the power train warranty and Emissions warranty (8 year or 80k miles). My question is, has anyone had any success in having the dealership honor the emissions warranty to service the exhaust filter? According the EPA the diesel particulate filters are considered catalyctic converters by the EPA which means, they should be covered. Anyone have any luck with this argument?

Thanks,

Tony
I have a 2015. Around 80,000 miles I started getting the "exhaust regeneration in progress" 100 miles later (on a trip) I get "Exhaust Filter nearing Full" I took it in and they said that the "Regen" should have taken care of it but they could " burn it out"
Nobody mentioned money. After they finished I was given a bill for $140. "Oh, that's not covered under warranty. (I had bought the extended 100,000 warranty) I growled and paid. Two months later the "Update emissions thing" came out and I took it in for that. Now at 102,000 miles I often get the regen message but it seems to clean itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think we need to clear up some things. The DPF regeneration process is triggered automatically when the filter is nearing full. The message in the cluster says "Exhaust Filter Nearing Full. Safely Drive at Highway Speed to Remedy." Once you drive long enough for the exhaust to be hot enough, this will change to "Exhaust System Regeneration in Process. Continue Driving" - and that message will stay on until the regeneration is complete (about 10-15 minutes in my experience). I've seen this series of messages in my 2014 GC several times.

If you get the 100% full message, I think the only recourse is to take it to the dealer and have them do a manual regeneration. I've never once seen this message.
Live in CA and have 110,000 on my 2014 eco-diesel Grand Cherokee. Never had issues with it until the recall. No I get this message ALOT. When I was commuting 5 hrs a day it would clean itself so it was just annoying. Now with Covid, I don't drive. I got in Friday and it said to keep driving, however, I had 2 appts to go to which were short trips so I did that. Then I figured Saturday I would drive around a bit to take care of this message and it said 100% full. At that point the car was almost useless, the more you press on the gas the more it would almost stall out. Tried to get on the freeway and it was going slower and slower, almost got hit by a semi. Now the dealer tells me this is not covered by the extended warranty and I just have to pay for the regeneration because the Jeep is useless at this point.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had so many issues with my es

I have had so many issues with my exhaust

How did you get it to be bought back? I am having so many issues with my JGC ed i keep having to be late from lunch and things of that sort because I have to drop what I am doing and look for an open highway to regenerate which is close to impossible here in So California, I have had a cat replaced several particulate filters and eve the exhaust filter super stressed because my extended Chrysler warranty is almost expired.
I didn't, the dealer did it on their own. I didn't even ask. The vehicle has to have less than 12,000 miles and be less than 12 months old. Mine was 11 months old. It simply spent a solid almost six months in the shop. Sometimes over a month per visit. After my 2014 and 2015 GC Eco Summits, I'm loving my Caddy XT5. My Jeep days are over though I do miss some of the little things they had. My last visit was for two fuel pumps at 80,000 miles. This was the second time they were replaced the latest was with the extended warrant due to the fuel economy litigation. They were warranty but that was the last straw for me. Just tired of it all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am glad I found this forum... I really love this vehicle, however, with only 70K on it I have had it to the dealership 4 times now for the particulate filter issue. No warnings, just "100% full, see dealer" and "service throttle control". The dealership has told me it's my driving and then the fuel filter being clogged then the regen-process requires the oil life to be above 30% and now the oxygen sensor was faulty. They have not charged me for the regen service, just everything else! Also, they haven't been able to give a straight answer as to the lack of warning on the dash that's supposed to tell you to drive it at highway speeds. Being from Canada, i'm not sure if we have a class action suit to mirror that of the States. if anyone knows, I'd sure love to know. I'm at my wits end with this vehicle that I love and frankly am ready to jump ship from Jeep forever...
I am in the exact same boat!! I started it up and it did give the warning but the warning only last long enough for me to start driving at highway speeds, flipped to 100% full and that was it. I’ve had nothing but issue after issue since the dealer did the flash. I thought I was being over sensitive to the way my 2016 Overland has been shifting and stuttering and the obvious fuel economy change. But now I see I’m not crazy!! My husband has had my rig in to the dealer MULTIPLE times without resolve. Just told that’s the way it’s supposed to work after the flash. I find this all infuriating. I wish they could take the flash off. Before the flash update, I loved my vehicle... now I’m afraid she won’t make to the end of the loan. Have you heard if there’s a suit in Canada?? Im so afraid it won’t be covered under warranty (I literally have 3k until I have no more warranty left!!). And of course it’s a long weekend so nothing is open until Tuesday and I have a very important meeting Tuesday morning that is 80km away. My husband has to work Tuesday as well so I have to borrow my mother in laws vehicle to go to my meeting. So inconvenient. I’m just so frustrated that the vehicle didn’t even give me the chance to drive to regen. Oh and here’s the kicker... I travel everywhere by highway. In the last 5 days I’ve probably driven 500+ km, all highway!! So I’m really confused as to how the emissions filter became full :(
Anyone have any insight?

21 - 27 of 28 Posts