Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just to hazard a guess, $4500 for the diesel engine option is pricey, especially given that diesel fuel costs the same or a little more than gasoline. A coworker bought a 2015 GC after I bought my 14 GC diesel, and she expressly didn't want a diesel, even though she had to end up ordering hers to get the color she wanted and the dealership here in town had a diesel in her color. You'd have to keep the vehicle a long time for the fuel economy that the diesel provides to pay off the cost of the engine option. I knew what I was getting into having had VW diesels in the past, and I intend to keep this vehicle until it falls apart, so that was an ok tradeoff for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very simple answer, No Inventory to buy! Last year in August, I wanted a Pearl White Summit 4 x 4 Diesel. There was one in the entire country! A Grand Total of 1 to choose from! And since then, it has only gotten worse! Mine has been trouble free and I have several friends tht have Diesel Jeeps and their's have been trouble free! Awaiting the promised changes in the EPA! Time will tell!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only reason I got my Diesel was because the dealer seems to have lost the inventory number and had a Diesel Ram with the Stock number, the guy went to grab the truck for me to look at and he said... well it's a jeep didn't know we had it... So happens Black on Black would be my choice anyways so I snagged it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
None of this is correct, even though you've cross posted it in about 5 or 6 different threads.

For the record, I have a 2014 with almost 37000 miles on it now, purchased brand new on 7/5/2014 with 5 miles on the odometer, and aside from the catalytic converter replacement that everyone else has had (it was a recall) I've not had a single problem with the vehicle. Does that make mine special? Or is it just that sometimes, someone gets a bad vehicle?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts