Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Jeep Ecodiesel I've had new since 10/16. Just under 25000 miles. Had my first CEL in January. It was P2BA9 (bad def detected). It was -25f that week, and I was making small trips. It cleared up on it own.

Today I was about 55 miles from home and P20EE came in, then shortly after a stop at the store P1288 came in. Does anyone have any insight into these codes?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I believe P20EE is the code that came on when my catalytic converter needed to be replaced. (catalyst below threshold) I confirmed by looking at my service record. I have a 2014 and this became a recall - I'd check with your dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting new catalytic converter. 25k miles, I average 52 highway miles a day, tow a boat in the summer. Build date 2/15, bought new 10/16.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's about how many miles I had on mine when the catalytic converter had to be replaced. I'm at about 36000 miles now and I've had no issues since the cat replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my new cat about 700 miles ago. My CEL came in tonight. P20EE again. Anyone heard of this after getting a new catalytic converter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting a new DEF injector. Asked the service writer if the 3/4 and 1 tons are having the same emission system issues or is it just an Ecodiesel problem. He said, "yes, most people with 3/4 and 1 tons are going to 75-80k miles then doing a DEF system delete. Then we never see them again because they have no more issues."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts