Diesel Jeep Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
My check engine light just came on at 19,300 miles. Same P20EE code and same story regarding back-ordered cat. No ETA from dealership, but I was told I could drive with engine light on without issue. No impact to MPG that I can see so far. No temp issues here as the AZ poster mentioned. It's been 20 degrees here in Michigan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same issue here...ETA on the new cat is next week.....SURELY they're not talking about a new "old" cat.....I'll keep y'all in the loop----that would be THE last straw

·
Registered
36 Posts
New catalytic converter was installed today. Service manager said it was a redesigned model, and the link below indicates it does replace another part number. Although I don't know the part number of my original catalytic converter so i can't compare them. They also replaced an exhaust gasket and the DEF injector dosage module, which they said was clogged due to the old cat design. This part was unplanned but they had one in stock and replaced it. If you are in the same situation you might want to make sure they have an injector dosage module in stock also to avoid a 2nd trip to service down the road. Here are links to the parts that were replaced for your reference:

Catalytic Convertor: http://www.quirkparts.com/oe-mopar/68243268ab
Exhaust Gasket: http://www.quirkparts.com/oe-mopar/68160679ab
Injector Dosage Module: http://www.quirkparts.com/oe-mopar/68232842ab

Good luck to you all!

·
Registered
27 Posts
New cat came into stealership....it was the wrong part....I just KNEW it was going to be a new 'old' cat....anyway, another 10 days.......thanks Eric for the heads up about the DEF gasket/module issue I'm calling those yahoos now.....I'm tired of it's always being something...I want it to be nothing--------

RS

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, when did the redesigned cat come out? I see my replacement was installed in September, was it likely just the old design?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member here also. Two weeks ago my 2014 GC diesel with 43k mi (almost all highway miles) suddenly had Check Engine Light come on and message that exhaust filter 100% full. Vehicle would not shift higher than D3. Talked with jeep service and vehicle taken by wrecker 50 mi to dealer. They told me no previous codes recorded in vehicle computer and this was diesel injector problem and they did not have part but could clean exhaust filter to allow me to make it 200 mi back home and see dealer there. Home dealer had part (DEF injector) and replaced. Went to pick up vehicle and Check Engine Light (CEL) still on and would not go off. They took vehicle back in and said code was showing catalytic converter was bad and this was on backorder nationwide. Furnished me with Ram 1500 to use while waiting on new cat. New "redesigned " cat in two days ago and put on. CEL was still on so they kept vehicle to check further. I will check part number of the new cat as posted above when I go back to dealer. Will post more info when I find out more. Also went to allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/02/jeepram-diesel-issues-fixed site and apparently catalytic converter problems are common issue for 2014 GC diesel and 2015 Ram diesel but new design is supposed to solve problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member here also. Two weeks ago my 2014 GC diesel with 43k mi (almost all highway miles) suddenly had Check Engine Light come on and message that exhaust filter 100% full. Vehicle would not shift higher than D3. Talked with jeep service and vehicle taken by wrecker 50 mi to dealer. They told me no previous codes recorded in vehicle computer and this was diesel injector problem and they did not have part but could clean exhaust filter to allow me to make it 200 mi back home and see dealer there. Home dealer had part (DEF injector) and replaced. Went to pick up vehicle and Check Engine Light (CEL) still on and would not go off. They took vehicle back in and said code was showing catalytic converter was bad and this was on backorder nationwide. Furnished me with Ram 1500 to use while waiting on new cat. New "redesigned " cat in two days ago and put on. CEL was still on so they kept vehicle to check further. I will check part number of the new cat as posted above when I go back to dealer. Will post more info when I find out more. Also went to allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/02/jeepram-diesel-issues-fixed site and apparently catalytic converter problems are common issue for 2014 GC diesel and 2015 Ram diesel but new design is supposed to solve problem.
03/06/2015 follow up: Picked up vehicle yesterday and redesigned cat converter installed along with diesel exhaust fluid injector and dosing module for DEF injector. So far so good. All covered by warranty except for the first DEF injector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
3/19/15 New member here. I put a similar post in another thread on this site, but I see that many here have experienced the same problems that I have so thought I'd add my two cents. We purchased our Overland with the EcoDiesel last spring. Big fan of the vehicle, generally, but confidence is waning after multiple trips to the dealer for "check engine" issues to which they always seem to have a temporary fix. Last visit resulted in diagnosis that the CAT needed to be replaced but was on national back order. Ten days later I'm scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow. I'm hopeful but have pretty much had it by now and am considering an action under our state's Lemon Law if the problems continue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
6/5/2015 New member. Went to my Jeep dealer for the check engine light throwing the P20EE code at 13,000 miles. I was told it was a ghost code they did some reprogramming and sent me on my way. Not even a week later check engine light is on again. Took it in again (without any kind of rental) and told me I need a new catalytic converter. Going to take at least a week to come in they returned the Jeep back to me, still no rental. Did the new cat solve the issues? Called and filed an official complaint with Jeep and my sucky dealership but no one seems to care.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, a new catalytic converter finally fixed the engine light problem.

Our rear wheel drive eco diesel arrived the Monday before Thanksgiving in 2013.
15,684 miles: 6/27/14 - Check Engine Light on and def fluid level not changing
17,709 miles: 7/22/14 - Check Engine light on
19,886 miles: 9/16/14 - Check Engine light on engine shutters at 60-70mph. NOx catalyst efficiency below threshold Bank 1.
20,738 miles: 10/14/14- Check Engine light back on for 3rd time. SCR catalyst failure, parts on order customer will return.
23,072: 111/12/14 - DEF injector assembly replaced. New catalytic converter installed.
33,238 miles: 6/5/2015
I have not experienced any further problem with the engine, converter or DEF fluid. DEF fluid being consumed slowly. When car was new the DEF fluid was being used very quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
6/5/2015 New member. Went to my Jeep dealer for the check engine light throwing the P20EE code at 13,000 miles. I was told it was a ghost code they did some reprogramming and sent me on my way. Not even a week later check engine light is on again. Took it in again (without any kind of rental) and told me I need a new catalytic converter. Going to take at least a week to come in they returned the Jeep back to me, still no rental. Did the new cat solve the issues? Called and filed an official complaint with Jeep and my sucky dealership but no one seems to care.
My 2014 GC ED was repaired a couple of months ago with new cat converter, DEF injector and sensors. The replacement cat conv is the new model which is supposed to solve the problem. Have another 4000 mi on it since replacement and so far no problem. Covered under mandated exhaust system warranty (80000mi) and dealer did provide me with rental vehicle at no cost to me even though I did not buy vehicle through them. It did take 10 days for parts to come in. Be sure they put the new model cat converter on it when repaired. I now have 50000 mi on vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all,

I have a 2015 EcoDiesel with just over 16K miles. Today the check engine light turned on, pulled the code and it came up as P20C2. Did some google searching and can't find much about that code. I cleared the code and we went on our way and drove about 100 miles and it turned back on this time with a different code, P0171 - (System to lean Bank 1).

Thoughts anyone? I plan to take it to the dealer but I'd rather have a little knowledge about a possible issue with the code P20C2. New to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Might be taken care of by latest TSB dated 11/25/15:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1809515.pdf
Thanks for the heads up. I took that TSB in with me. They gladly set it aside and said they'd have their technician do the testing. Long story short they updated the PCM with two RRT. I have the paperwork in the Jeep, but haven't had time to review what those RRTs were.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I picked up the jeep on Wednesday after they did two RRTs on it.
18-19-12-9C
18-19-04-DV
Nothing actually done but updates. Now today, Sunday, I'm on my way to CO springs and the light kicks back on. Two codes
P1296
P026C

Confirmation that they didn't clean the sensor. Debating taking it to a dealer herein CO springs or waiting until I get back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I picked up the jeep on Wednesday after they did two RRTs on it.
18-19-12-9C
18-19-04-DV
Nothing actually done but updates. Now today, Sunday, I'm on my way to CO springs and the light kicks back on. Two codes
P1296
P026C

Confirmation that they didn't clean the sensor. Debating taking it to a dealer herein CO springs or waiting until I get back.
Do you have an update to share with us?

My Jeep just threw a P026C. I cleared the confirmed code, cleaned the MAP sensor, and the permanent code seems to have gone away.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts