Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an owner of a 2014 Ecodiesel and have a few questions that hopefully some of you will have some input on. I was considering updating the truck with a newer model and a dealer told me I might want to hang on to it in light of the lawsuit and the generous VW settlements. Also, we will soon have a new driver in the house and will be adding a vehicle to the garage so I am looking at a few different possibilities and these are the questions I have. First of all, at what stage is the Ecodiesel suit? What is FCA's position? What kind of timeframe are we looking at before any potential settlement?
Secondly, if I trade in or sell my vehicle do I lose all or any right to potential settlement monies?
Thirdly, if I purchase another Ecodiesel now would I qualify for any potential settlement assuming it is within the model years included in the lawsuit?
Thanks in advance. Any information and/or opinions would be appereciated

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have been watching for any news- but no new developments. FCA was still denying any problems. All 2017 EcoDiesel sells have been suspended. The class action attorneys have enlisted University of West Virginia to evaluate emissions on the EcoDiesels - and they came out with a 'damming report' - but FCA countered it with 'it was rigged to fail' since it was not the same test EPA requires and of course was initiated by the class action attorneys. I personally think 'hold on to it' because of the possibility of a VW like settlement if FCA is proved wrong!

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is great news! I guess the 14's - 16's are in 'Limbo' yet until update is approved for them. I might look at a 18' Eco Wrangler - if there is a 'settlement' of some sort!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's Awesome! I really love this engine.
Have you had all of the latest updates done? I have - and my performance has tanked. Recently when I was towing an *empty* flatbed trailer, I couldn't even get up a hill without losing speed. Just a few years ago, I made four separate trips from Chicago to Salt Lake towing a fully loaded 5 x 10 cargo trailer and it would take a hill with ease. From what I can tell, FCA's updates have nerfed the engine performance in order to retroactively comply with EPA standards. That doesn't sit well with me.

Btw - I haven't seen anything close to the original 22/30 MPG since the first time it went in for service. When I first bought it, it would average 28 MPG on the expressway. Today the MPG is around 16/21 at best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts