Diesel Jeep Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
On December 2015 I got a 2015 well-equipped Limited Eco Diesel. I’ve had absolutely no problems of any kind with it, except for an issue with the Diesel exhaust system that was fixed under a recall during the pandemic. It might be the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever had, and I’m getting very close to 100K miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2014 that I bought new, so it's pushing 5 years now, and I have a little over 50,000 miles on it. For the most part, it's been great. The highway fuel economy is fantastic.

My vehicle has not been without issues however. All 2014s were recalled to replace the catalytic converter (mine failed with the symptoms that triggered the recall - a check engine light, but no real change in behavior.) I have had other repairs done (the passenger side blend door in the HVAC broke a gear and had to be repaired, the rack and pinion was replaced due to leaking power steering fluid, and the front wheel bearings were replaced not long after I got the vehicle - all of this under the warranty and extended warranty I bought).

All that being said, aside from the catalytic converter which was recalled, I've had no issues with the vehicle due to the diesel engine or its fancy emissions system. Other people on this forum won't have that same experience however, and you'll hear more from people who had issues than those who haven't.

If you are buying used, I would inquire about the status of the class action lawsuit and how it impacts your purchase. For folks like me who have had their vehicles all along, we're getting an extended warranty for 10 years/120,000 miles total on almost everything related to the emissions system. You'll want to ask the dealership about that before you buy. I would assume it applies once the required software fix is installed on the vehicle, but you definitely should find that out.

Good luck! Any time I've thought about trading the Jeep in for something else, I drive it and then fall in love with it again.
Don’t buy one I’ve had nothing but problems and all they do is give me a run around I’ve been without a vehicle for over six months total and they will not even give me a rental car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well..... we sold the 2014 ECO Overland ticking time bomb at 132,000.
Got $17,000 trade in. That was after we negotiated a great price on a 18k mile 2019 Toyota Highlander. I feel much better not have to worry about the Engine blowing, emission issues, the WOT throttle sticking they couldn't figure out etc, etc, etc...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.