Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

First off I just want to say I've very excited to have purchased an EcoDiesel Overland.

Unfortunately, the honeymoon's over and at 2000 miles in I just got an Electronic Throttle Error message while driving through town. Immediately the Jeep put itself into a "safe mode" and kept itself in 3rd gear, while I crawled across town back to the dealership.

When the service tech plugged into the Jeep I noticed there were several software flash updates.

Has anyone else experienced issues such as this or have any knowledge about what the software flashes are addressing?

Thank you all in advanced for taking the time to read the post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update for you all.

The shop was pretty sure this was just a software issue. Below are the updates the Jeep received:

• Software Flash for PCM
    • Old # 68273397AA to current # 682733397AB
  • Software Flash for TCM
    • Old # 52108927AC to current # 52108927AD
Will keep ya'll posted if any other concerns arise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

Back in the shop again. After a "cold soak" of the o2 sensors, I picked the vehicle up after a day in the shop, before the weekend. Soon as I picked it up the Jeep threw a CEL. Drove back to the dealership, they reset the code, 30 min later it threw another CEL. The shop was closed that afternoon and the following day. Took the Jeep back in this morning. They "worked" on it all day. Said they couldn't figure out why the CEL for "too rich" was occurring; they reset the code.

Soon as I pulled out of the dealership's driveway, I gunned it and immediately the Jeep went into limp-mode. Being still in front of the dealership, I turned around and drove it back.

Apparently there's a "star report" about error codes P0172 & P026D, referring to a Turbo issue.

Feeling some heavy buyer's remorse...

·
Registered
60 Posts
iDiesel,
Been there done that. Had the very same play itself out om my GC. Be ready for some more back and forth 'bs' with new TSB's popping up daily. My GC at the dealer now on visit #6 so sit back and enjoy the ride guy. Having the cat changed out now hoping to be the fix of all fixes. Some say it will cure most of the problems with codes. This is new technology for jeep so learning curve is still up and alive. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright,

Cross your fingers: I think the problem has been isolated and fixed.

There was a loose clamp on the charge air cooler behind the washer fluid bottle. Which when I gunned it caused the Turbo to loose pressure (I'm assuming) (P0229 error code) and the Jeep would throw itself into Limp-Mode.

The shop got it fixed up and I 0-60'd it then 60-90'd it on the HWY. Seems like the issue is resolved.

Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but not much has come up in a search about this issue (with Jeeps anyway, the RAM forums have some activity). I'm curious if you've had any further problems iDiesel? Or anyone else that cares to chime in?
After an extensive search to find a "just right for me" Grand Cherokee, I just bought a 2015 Overland Eco two weeks ago, and today had this exact same problem (service electronic throttle control message, and went into limp mode). I dropped it off at my local Jeep dealership (not where I bought it) tonight. Hoping for the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts