Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was hoping someone could tell me if all the diesel Cherokees come with the engine block heater already installed from the factory and all you need to buy is the cord if you didn't order the option? If not I would need to buy the heater and the cord?
Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
One would think the engine block heater should be standard with the diesel. Check with your dealer to be sure though.

Yes, it would be factory installed. All you should need is an extension cord to plug it into an outlet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted my dealer the other day who had to call jeep. They said the part wasn't available yet. They also couldn't tell me if I needed just the cord or both. The manual makes reference to the cord being available from your dealer suggesting the heater is installed. I'll have to look for where its suppose to be on the engine to confirm this I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A day after I got mine 2-3 weeks ago, I asked the salesman for the options list and he said yes mine (Overland Summit, in Toronto, Canada) does have one. I also own a BMW and through their forums, I can get a list of all standard and options by providing my VIN, Does anyone here have access to any of this or know a site for Jeep which can provide this information?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, it would be factory installed. All you should need is an extension cord to plug it into an outlet.
second that, connector is accessable from the lower passenger side of the engine, from underneath or possible from the wheel well after removing the wheel. I understand the cord is like $90....ouch

·
Registered
164 Posts
Canadian models yes. Option for the rest of us. But it's only a 95.00 option. Once again I need add the disclaimer that I don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about most of the time. But I did order mine with the heater. I suppose it's possible that what I think is a heater is just a cord and all I did was opt for a cord and that the heater is on all diesels. But I tend to think it's not... it's a 95 (or in my case 85 dollar) risk I care not to take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts