Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so brief intro; I have a 2014 Jeep GC Limited that has provided 70K trouble free miles until the AEM was installed for the settlement. After getting raped by the dealership, I feel it’s time to do something, as the AEM appears to be the source of continued problems to come (just my opinion).

My question is do I go with the EPA compliant tune from GDE? Or do I get the full delete from HDD?

I haven’t heard of many individuals getting hemmed up by the EPA, but I know it is possible. I am not subject to any kind of inspections where I am located.

I’m interested to hear the opinions for and against each option, especially from you guys and gals that have one of the two, or even better if you have had both.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As long as you live in a state with no emission testing, the chances of you getting in trouble are low. Everyone knows a guy, who knows a guy, that said he heard of someone who got in trouble. If you do it I would recommend hanging on to the emissions parts and storing them in case you ever did want to go back.

I have the 14' overland with a full delete and the difference is night and day. I have no regrets doing it.

HOWEVER I have heard that the new GDE tune is very good and solves most problems, plus its totally legal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have GDE in my Ram... is OK. I have SKT on '15 JGC & first impressions are better than GDE. I've read where the SKT has some kinks to work out on the full delete. I'm in MO where we do have emissions for the ED vehicles. Thus reluctant to delete either of mine. I believe the emissions only checks for CELs & not that everything is intact. If I did delete, I would prob just have block offs & leave the garbage in place. This would also be advantageous when trading or selling (here in MO, other states may differ).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts