Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2014 GC Diesel Summit edition with about 5K miles on it. It popped up a request that we change the oil last week, so we took it into the dealer and had it changed. On a roadtrip over the weekend we kept getting the pop-up saying that the exhaust filter was almost full, please safely drive at highway speeds to remedy. Well, of course we were on the highway so we just kept driving, and the message kept popping up......so we just continued to acknowledge it and drive at highway speeds. Over the weekend, we drove about 180 HWY miles @ 70mph. No miles driven once we reached our destination. The next day, it decided that the problem still wasn't remedied and it put the car into limp mode. 30mph max! C'mon - 180 miles of HWY driving and the regen process still didn't work? I'm very worried about the reliability of this system. Luckily when it decided to go into limp more we were less than a mile from a dealer. We left it with the dealer (sunday, just dropped the keys in the drop box). On monday they said they wouldn't have a diesel tech in until tuesday. On tuesday, they said they didn't know how to service it and would have to take it over to the Dodge dealership. REALLY!?!?! I can't believe that Jeep would start selling these cars without properly educating their dealer service techs. And it takes them 2 days to realize they don't know what they are doing? Not impressed! Has anyone else been having troubles with their exhaust system?

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is a known issue and there's a TSB for it. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of competent dealers when it comes to the EcoDiesel. I don't know why as most sell Ram trucks with the diesel, so it's not like they don't have a diesel tech or two.

You can search for this TSB over on wk2jeeps.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the dealer "fixed" this is happened again about 6 weeks later. After they "fixed" it that time it happened again 4 days later. 1 more time and my states lemon law comes into play!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After the dealer "fixed" this is happened again about 6 weeks later. After they "fixed" it that time it happened again 4 days later. 1 more time and my states lemon law comes into play!
8 days later - still in the shop. Jeep has no clue what they are doing servicing these vehicles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is just about the same thing that happened to ours. Just before the lemon law was satisfied, they replaced the catalytic convertor. It has been fantastic since. Maxed out at 31.7 mpg on a leaf peeping ride in VT (with a 4x4).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Howdy M5040,
Getting the new cat converter next week....all well with your ride? I'm hoping this is the final solution......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They finally replaced the DEF injector on ours and I think they only "cleaned" the catalytic converter and didn't replace it. It's been fine ever since (minus the other stuff that has broken, like the seat memory, etc). We drove out to California over new years thinking we'd give it one more chance to break before the lemon law expired. I was a bit nervous given the loss of cell reception in the middle of nowhere Utah, etc and the fact that the car can decide to speed limit itself or shut itself down. To our surprise, no issues the whole way there and back (2,000+ miles). We got close to 30mpg even with all the mountains we crossed. Hopefully the worst is over. I like the car and want it to just work but I'm still going to be nervous when the warranty expires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to dodge and didn't have great service, and then i went to a Mercedes dealer and i was told that there were a couple of mechanics trained on my jeep and it worked out for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts