Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Lee - I live in Australia, I'm having the same problem with my 2014 Jeep Diesel Overland. Based on other reports I've seen of this problem I had the coolant sensor changed 2 weeks ago (not the housing and thermocouple). That's really poked the bear, I have had 5 recurrences since then. Did the replacement of all those parts fix your problem. Cheers Terry
Im in Australia too.
2014 Grand Cherokee, Overland diesel.
Has been a flawless car for +200,000kms.
The exact same lights, gauge failure and revving fan happened to me tonight.
Have you had any luck repairing the problem?
Cheers
Finn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Finn - Not repaired yet, my mechanic was closed for a while over Christmas. I've had these faults 4 more times since then. What I have found is that the error symptoms go away if you turn the engine off, so I suggest you pull over and do that as soon as they come up. The MIL goes off after you restart the engine 3-4 times. I'll send you more info on my findings of the errors later this morning. Cheers Terry
Hi Terry
The lights, temp gauge drop and fan going into hyperdrive has happened for the 3rd time in as many days. Have only driven it 4 times....
I have my car booked in to Jeep tomorrow for a "diagnosis". Will let you know what, if anything, is discovered.
(Am going to walk across the road and test drive a Subaru while my Jeep is in the shop).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, I just received my OBD2 scanner and I'm trying to get it going correctly. When you leave it with them ask them to list the error codes that are present (you need an OBD2 scanner to see these). While I'm not a mechanic I know enough to know they need to be addressing the error codes not necessarily the symptoms that the car shows, I'm going in to see my mechanic on Friday to discuss next steps. Cheers Terry
Soooo.
Jeep have my car and are replacing the coolant temperature sensor(?) today, $330 for parts and labour.
BUT
Re the service throttle light.
They said the code was for "performance of the intake motor(?) actuator so they looked at the intake and found lots of carbon deposited from the exhaust gas reciculator.
They reccomend to clean the EGR, replace both the intake manifold, cos its plastic and cant be cleaned, and the swirl motor as it's not serviceable plus replace the boost pressure sensor as it too is "pretty clogged up" and will need replacing soon.
$6,500 for parts. Labour not quoted.
No mention of the setvice 4wd light.
Both coolant sensor and throttle issue "random events to have happened at the same time, sheer chance".
I asked them to put it back together. They said it will run in limp mode. I said I'll deal with it. I'm where you are now by the look of things. Sorry I haven't been of any help.
Will get them to email me everything, including codes.
There is a video of the diagnostic process but its hard to see carbon build up at the bottom of a pipe.
Cheers
Finn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts