Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the EGR Cooler recall performed on my 2014 GC at ~89350 miles two weeks ago. This past weekend (~89750 miles) I began experiencing the exact same symptoms as the OP. I had assumed that since I was receiving the P0118 code (Coolant Temperature Sensor) that it was related to the work performed as it was a large job to replace the EGR Cooler. I brought it into the dealership and they stated they diagnosed it as the Thermostat...it seems that it would throw a different code, P0128, for the Thermostat. They quoted my $228 for the thermostat, plus coolant and labor for a total of $607.00. They also wanted to charge a $157 diagnostic fee, and a $38 loaner fee.

I took the car back, got the loaner fee waived and ended up paying $157 for the diagnostic fee. Purchased a Coolant Temperature Sensor last night, hoping that resolves my issue. This sensor is now covered under the Extended Warranty provided from the V08 recall. If this alone resolves my issues, I may try to get reimbursed for the incorrect diagnostic fee and the cost of the sensor.

-Ryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the EGR Cooler recall performed on my 2014 GC at ~89350 miles two weeks ago. This past weekend (~89750 miles) I began experiencing the exact same symptoms as the OP. I had assumed that since I was receiving the P0118 code (Coolant Temperature Sensor) that it was related to the work performed as it was a large job to replace the EGR Cooler. I brought it into the dealership and they stated they diagnosed it as the Thermostat...it seems that it would throw a different code, P0128, for the Thermostat. They quoted my $228 for the thermostat, plus coolant and labor for a total of $607.00. They also wanted to charge a $157 diagnostic fee, and a $38 loaner fee.

I took the car back, got the loaner fee waived and ended up paying $157 for the diagnostic fee. Purchased a Coolant Temperature Sensor last night, hoping that resolves my issue. This sensor is now covered under the Extended Warranty provided from the V08 recall. If this alone resolves my issues, I may try to get reimbursed for the incorrect diagnostic fee and the cost of the sensor.

-Ryan
Just thought I'd follow up on this, replacing the Coolant Temperature Sensor seems to have resolved my issue. I've done two trips since replacing, one 30min and one 1.5 hour and the CEL and service lights have not returned. Temperature looks good as well.

Seems that I paid the dealership for an incorrect diagnostic. And I replaced a part that should have been covered under warranty. Guess I will be contacting FCA from here.

-Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts