Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took delivery of a 2016 GC Summit with the 3.0 oil burner engine. I had a 2014 GC Overland with the 5.7 Hemi prior to the new Jeep. I've had a couple of diesels in the past ('92 350 S class Benz and a '96 Ford F250 with the 7.0 Navistar motor). I have always liked the diesel for a variety of reasons power (torque) and fuel economy. The torque exceeds what the Hemi produces by a small percentage. The horsepower is only two/thirds of the Hemi, but reaches full torque at a little more than half the rpms. The acceleration of the 3.0 feels pretty close to the V8, or it's at least 80+ percent of it.

I've read some horror stories about DEF and catalytic converters. Thanks to some of the info on your web site I've learned that people have discovered the the fluid level is down to about 40 to 45 percent over very short distances. I check the level on the unit I bought before delivery. Guess what? It was forty-five percent. The dealer was surprised and topped it off. I expect the factory is the problem and putting half or a little less in the reservoir before shipping.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I believe the catalytic converter problems were resolved in the 2015 build. I, too, have a 2016, so I sure hope they've been fixed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I believe the catalytic converter problems were resolved in the 2015 build. I, too, have a 2016, so I sure hope they've been fixed!
Anybody know if the 2014 diesel catalytic converter problems were fixed, by recalls, etc? I just took possession (bought) a 2014 Eco dieselGC Limited with 3,000 miles never titled before.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes- they are replacing all with the new design. I still have originals on mine - and will have to schedule to get them switched out. You can check out on FCA's recall page by entering your serial number: recalls.mopar.com

I think you will love your GC- it just does everything well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes- they are replacing all with the new design. I still have originals on mine - and will have to schedule to get them switched out. You can check out on FCA's recall page by entering your serial number: recalls.mopar.com

I think you will love your GC- it just does everything well!
I have owned jeeps since the early 1980's this is my fourth GC. First diesel, except for an old Mercedes way back when.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have owned jeeps since the early 1980's this is my fourth GC. First diesel, except for an old Mercedes way back when.
Thanks by the way Brewster that recall address cleared up a lot of my concerns...looks like I am up to date except for the shifter recall that they don't have a fix for as of yet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes- my recall notice 'R69' came in mail today. It looks like your dealer 'is on the ball' to make sure you are satisfied customer and took time to make sure everything is up to date. I think a lot of the issues with this vehicle were do to 'incompetent dealers' who just didn't have the Techs trained properly to work or troubleshoot it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts