Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased our GC diesel in Feb. of this year haven't really had any issues, ( some we were able to resolve) some are still a little on going.... Today I walked out went to work forgot my key FOB in the jeep when I went back out, I noticed something was A) wrong with this picture. B) where the hell did my cover go to my gas door go??!! Since it was still pretty dark out I snapped some pictures and asked my husband to look around outside but no luck. :-( I have been look all over the Internet trying to find issues related to this and if anyone has experienced this?! I just hit 10k there was no fuel missing and there were no pry marks. So the conclusion we have come to is that it some how fell off?! The door underneath the panel is just plastic for one, and extremely flimsy. Unfortunately it can be opened with a pocket knife we tested it. I'm not very happy about this for one especially since it's a capless tank. It does not make me feel comfortable parking my Jeep for easy access.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
We purchased our GC diesel in Feb. of this year haven't really had any issues, ( some we were able to resolve) some are still a little on going.... Today I walked out went to work forgot my key FOB in the jeep when I went back out, I noticed something was A) wrong with this picture. B) where the hell did my cover go to my gas door go??!! Since it was still pretty dark out I snapped some pictures and asked my husband to look around outside but no luck. :-( I have been look all over the Internet trying to find issues related to this and if anyone has experienced this?! I just hit 10k there was no fuel missing and there were no pry marks. So the conclusion we have come to is that it some how fell off?! The door underneath the panel is just plastic for one, and extremely flimsy. Unfortunately it can be opened with a pocket knife we tested it. I'm not very happy about this for one especially since it's a capless tank. It does not make me feel comfortable parking my Jeep for easy access.
Sorry to read about your problem. Hope the repair is quick, easy, and cheap. Thanks for the heads up to keep a check on the cover for looseness!

On edit: Checked ours. FWIW.... There is some, albeit limited, areas no longer (or never) glued between the inner door part and the outer body colored plastic part. The separation is on top and bottom of the leading edge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response, we are thinking the same thing it was not glued on securely enough. I do have a little piece of plastic that has seem to broken off with the cover when it fell off. I'm hoping it won't be expensive to replace as well but I'm not holding my breath. I was trying to see if this was a common issue, or if anyone had any information on it before I contacted Jeep. Thank you for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts