Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not fuel injection service. Fuel induction service. Dealer is recommending it, what exactly do they do for this service? They claim it cleans the carbon from the valves on back. They want $400 for it but I cant think of what they would actually do that would remove carbon efficiently. Seems like snake oil to me.

I have already had the intake manifold replaced and I have an EGR delete. So no carbon build up in the intake.

·
Administrator
6 Posts
No not fuel injection service. Fuel induction service. Dealer is recommending it, what exactly do they do for this service? They claim it cleans the carbon from the valves on back. They want $400 for it but I cant think of what they would actually do that would remove carbon efficiently. Seems like snake oil to me.

I have already had the intake manifold replaced and I have an EGR delete. So no carbon build up in the intake.
Were you able to look at the backs of the intake valves while you had the manifold off? If they were clean you are good.

The only cleaning method I have seen that is totally effective is walnut blasting.

I would ask the dealer for details about what will be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were you able to look at the backs of the intake valves while you had the manifold off? If they were clean you are good.

The only cleaning method I have seen that is totally effective is walnut blasting.

I would ask the dealer for details about what will be done.
I don't know manifold, the manifold was replaced under warranty and they certainly did not mention it needed this service 4 months ago. I took it in for the EGR recall and they were recommending this fuel induction service. Sounded like fishing for cash to me. As you stated I cant think of anything that removes carbon besides blasting. We used glass bead blasting when I have done it. I know they weren't going to pull stuff apart so that is why I am asking here if anyone has done it and what they do exactly.

·
Administrator
6 Posts
I don't know manifold, the manifold was replaced under warranty and they certainly did not mention it needed this service 4 months ago. I took it in for the EGR recall and they were recommending this fuel induction service. Sounded like fishing for cash to me. As you stated I cant think of anything that removes carbon besides blasting. We used glass bead blasting when I have done it. I know they weren't going to pull stuff apart so that is why I am asking here if anyone has done it and what they do exactly.
If the procedure doesn't involve removal of the manifold I would not do it as I have never seen evidence that such a procedure is effective.

If it did actually remove carbon buildup, and I don't think it would, do you want to risk a chunk of it going through the engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the procedure doesn't involve removal of the manifold I would not do it as I have never seen evidence that such a procedure is effective.

If it did actually remove carbon buildup, and I don't think it would, do you want to risk a chunk of it going through the engine?
I agree I did not have it done. I'm still wondering what they do.

·
Administrator
6 Posts
I agree I did not have it done. I'm still wondering what they do.
The only thing I have heard of that doesn't involve media blasting is the injection of one of a variety of gases or vapors into the intake while the engine is running. The result is supposed to be the burning off of the carbon deposits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts