Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don’t have a tune on your EcoDiesel I’d highly recommend the new tune from GDE. I’ve put 80k miles on the EcoDiesel I bought used 2.5 years ago. I loved it until I had the computer upgrade for the settlement. I was either selling the car once the check came or buying a tune.

I looked into a full delete from a shop down the road. $3750...outrageous considering my brother’s 6.7 Powerstroke was less than $2000, and he has 3 tunes. The EcoDiesel only comes with one tune. So I opted for the brand spanking new GDE tune.
Easy to install. Can check it was installed properly in the driveway with cruise control set at 5 MPH. Took it out on the open road and the difference is noticeable before I even get to the county roads. This thing is serious now.
More expensive than the old GDE tune but much cheaper than a full delete. Worth every penny for my next 100k miles.

Obviously no data on the MPG improvements yet, can report back I’d there’s interest. The performance improvement is almost shocking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice review, since the older GDE tunes were only available by sending in the chip, did you load the program on you vehicle yourself?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a little over a year ago, but are you still enjoying the new EPA compliant GDE Tune?
Any MPG info, towing (if you do any) performance, turbo lag elimination, etc. would be great if you don't mind.
I'm on the verge of purchasing it with the upgrades (trans tune, engine braking, etc), but I can't find any reviews of it that aren't more than a year old.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts