Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I joined this forum because i am desperate for answers. I have a 2014 GC limited that overheated because the fan didnt run. The car has been off for 5 weeks and the mechanic has changed temp sensor without luck. The fans wont come on automatically even though he can force them on with his computer. I have changed the fan with a second hand one but still no luck. I dont want to buy a new fan because here in Oz its very cheap at $3200. The mechanic is out of ideas as am i which is why im calling out for help, anyone please
Regards

El

·
Administrator
51 Posts
I don't have any specific solution for you, but based on my experience with other things, if the fan can be forced on through the computer, the problem is not with the fan. I am assuming that everything is connected as normal when the forcing is being done.

Also, you should be able to read the temperature that is being reported to the ECM, and if it is actually showing a temperature that should turn on the fan you likewise know that the problem is not with the sensors.

Has anything else changed, or did anything else happen at the same time or just before the overheat?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts