1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yaesu1.JPG
yaesu2.JPG
yakima.JPG
The first installs on my GC. For better communication than a CB radio, I put in a Yaesu FT-8800R, 144MHz/430MHz transceiver. I used a Larsen glass antenna and I fabricated a plexiglass frame for the radio head. "Destruction" was only two holes in a minor kick panel.

The rack is 220 lb. Yakima T17 HD Whispbar, with the K624 mounting kit. (You'll save about $100 if you go through Amazon.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Yakima's cheaper than Thule, right? nice work on the installations. your ride looks pretty cool
The rack and fitting base ran about $480 total. Worth it. VERY well made. This one is good for 220 lbs. Rock sliders and RR winch set up are next. I was doing Land Rover twenty years ago before they started marketing to soccer moms and rappers. When I test drove the Overland I said, "This is what Rover should be by now."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice, thanks for the write up. This is going to be my next purchase for this vehicle

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should look into Gobi racks. I have one on mine and it's been great, very solid and you can put about 300 lbs up there. This summer my wife and I sat on top of the roof of my GC to watch fireworks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts