Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past month I noticed that the truck seems to be downshifting harder. I don't recall it doing this when I first bought it but I went away for a month for work so I really cant remember. While I was gone my friend would start the truck and bring it over to her house a block away once a week and then bring it back.

The downshift is so hard that I feel like I would definitely remember if it was doing it before. If I come to a stop there are times that it is so hard that I feel like I just got rear-ended. Has anyone else noticed this. I took it into the shop for a check engine light which was for a software upgrade and totally forgot to mention this because I was so annoyed with the check engine light being on after only have the truck a few months lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There are TSB's and software updates for the shifting issue. Your dealer should know what to do about it.

LOL... just remember to mention it to them this time. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are TSB's and software updates for the shifting issue. Your dealer should know what to do about it.

LOL... just remember to mention it to them this time. :D
Thanks. They did one software update when I took it in which is what they said was causing the check engine light to come one. It must not have affected the shifting one. Back to the dealership I go....hopefully they can get me in soon. Their service department never has openings. I had to take it to one near my parents 3 hours away last time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts