Diesel Jeep Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Now 24k miles since CAT replacement with no issues on my 2014 Overland. I use Mopar DEF only. Lease ends in early 2017. Even though it is running well I'm not sure I'll keep it. I'm just too worried about having a huge expense after the warranty expires. Love the Overland Grand Cherokee in general. I might even get a gas one. Kind of sad, really. This is my 4th Jeep and the only one I've ever doubted the reliability of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the wrong def issue last August. Took it in and the replaced the CAT. Been running like a charm since. Love the 30mpg I get coming home from Tahoe..Down hill helps haha. If I get to 24k with out an issue, I'm keeping it. Love it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
About 6k mi since cat replacement and no issues. Never used mopar def. Blue DEF mostly. Only DEF problem I had was getting it on Amazon, don't know how old it was. Software updates fixed the DEF issue and it was never drained.

I have to believe the Cat issue is a US model issue. I would get a code every 5k mi or so. I'd clear it or have the dealer do another software update. I drive mostly for business and go speed limit to 10 over. The 2014's do not like that. I was in the middle of nowhere when engine light came back on. A little pissed, I buried the speedo for about 10 minutes. Guess what, next start up, light was out, and didn't come on again til 5K or so later.

It's all fixed now but I still get on when I can because it's good for it. The Jeep dealer in MA Kelly is really good. I'm at 36k now. As everyone knows this is an all day comfortable vehicle. My family just did a MA to FLA roundtrip and it was great 28 mpg at 80 mph, first day went 680mi on the tank. 2 tanks to Florida! Good stuff.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am waiting until the "fixes" have survived another winter before I am willing to declare the vehicle trouble free. Ask again in the spring.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts