Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I'm new to this site and new to Diesel Jeeps but not new to Jeeps. Last week we bought a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel for my wife. We turned in her BMW(Big Money Waste). We live here in Northern California, in the SF East Bay to be exact. Personally my family has always had a Jeep. My Dad purchased a 1976 Jeep Cherokee Chief(Super Chief) when I was 2 years old. My first vehicle in high school was a 1958 Willy-Kaiser CJ5 with a Buick V6 which was sold shortly after I graduated. But then came along a 1976 CJ5(sold to fund the CJ7) and now I have a 1976 CJ7 Renegade Levis which I built up in 2006. Needless to say I love my Jeeps.
So far my wife has racked up 600 miles on the JGC. We did purchase it at a dealer away from where we live so that attributed to some of the miles. At this time her beloved JGC is at the dealer. :eek:( On Thursday she received a CEL and a message about the DEF. We took it in the dealer updated the JGC's computer and added DEF. Everything looked great till Friday. She was running errands and received the message "vehicle will not start in another 200 miles. Check DEF see dealer." Needless to say she was not happy and I bummed too. Hopefully this is an easy fix because that BMW she had was in the shop monthly and that was a huge problem.
Anyways, great to see there is a dedicated site for these Jeeps and again 'Hello'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts