Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've owned and loved diesel cars/trucks since I was 15, including my current 07 Mercedes E320 Bluetec diesel. Wanted a Grand Cherokee CRD since they came out in 07; finally got one last week (07 Overland) . It needs a little TLC but overall a solid rig. Except today it decided to leak fuel somewhere in the vicinity of the tank (has a giant skid plate under it so can't tell where it's leaking from, will probably remove it tomorrow and poke around there to find the culprit). Also it ran/drove wonderfully but the last time I shut it down, it would not restart. Seems like the starter relay clicks but doesn't turn over. Ah well, one more project to figure out tomorrow!

I plan on doing some basic maintenance stuff ASAP (oil change, trans fluid change, etc) and getting a tune at some point in the near future.

Considered getting a new EcoDiesel but chose to go the CRD route for now. Loving it so far despite this hiccup.

Jeepie and the jetski.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully you will see what caused it and find an economical fix. I'm originally from Europe and love diesels. My GC is the first "American" diesel I have purchased. I have full faith in its durability(subject to proper maintenance).

I would highly recommend a new EcoDiesel. I've had mine for about a month and continue to be impressed how powerful and smooth it drives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts