Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel and I'm suffering a loss of power along side the Electronic Throttle Control light is flashing. I've done some research with very few detailed suggestions, I'm new to Jeeps but have good mechanical background. The Jeep currently has 95,000KMs and this light is frustrating. The car runs sluggish and won't accelerate smoothly or suddenly. I want to look at everything possible before turning, unfortunately, to the stealership.

Any suggestions as to where I could start looking? What is commonly is? OR any other experiential advice?

So far, I've sprayed down some vacuum lines trying to chase down a possible vacuum leak and nothing, next I was going to remove the EGR to clean it out.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel and I'm suffering a loss of power along side the Electronic Throttle Control light is flashing. I've done some research with very few detailed suggestions, I'm new to Jeeps but have good mechanical background. The Jeep currently has 95,000KMs and this light is frustrating. The car runs sluggish and won't accelerate smoothly or suddenly. I want to look at everything possible before turning, unfortunately, to the stealership.

Any suggestions as to where I could start looking? What is commonly is? OR any other experiential advice?

So far, I've sprayed down some vacuum lines trying to chase down a possible vacuum leak and nothing, next I was going to remove the EGR to clean it out.

Thanks in advance guys!
A family member of mine has a 2012 sprinter from MB. He had similar issues with the truck and didn't want to go the stealership route. After some online searching in various sprinter forums he was directed to an EGR issue which was followed through and came to a resolve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts