Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out about this forum. I have a 2014 Ecodiesel and previous to that I had an 08CRD Grand Cherokee so I've been around the block a few times already. I also have an extensively modified 1998 Wrangler and my kid has a 2000 XJ. Jeeps are more than just transportation to us. Good to be here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...... Answering that is going to make things a little interesting.

I purchased my 2014 White Overland Eco 4x4 ORA2 Advanced Tech Group Black interior on January 18th and put 6100 perfect miles on it until April 26th and that is when the s**t hit the fan so to speak. The truck malfunctioned about a mile down the road from my house, threw all kinds of codes and messages on the EVIC and refused to start. I had it towed to a dealer and have not seen it since.

Supposedly, the diesel fuel injection pump and metering valve assembly failed but they have since replaced that part with no luck in getting the truck to run again.

I'm pretty active on a few different Jeep boards and on one of them, there are occasional posts from a corporate customer care rep at Jeep so I contacted her. Long story short, between her and the dealer, they have arranged to get me a brand new replacement vehicle. I'm guessing I should have it sometime in the next few weeks.

It's been a little painful but in the end, Jeep has taken care of me and for that, I am actually quite pleased and very thankful. My wife thinks I'm a little to brand loyal with the jeep thing but I think that counted for something with this whole debacle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts