Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My first post to this forum. Looking forward to being a part of the Diesel Jeep family.

Dealer told me when I bought my 2015 JGC diesel 4x4 limited (without tow package)...that they could install the tow package after I purchased it and didn't need to wait for a vehicle that came with it. Obviously as I've come to learn the "tow package" is not the same as having a hitch installed. I did get the hitch installed Class IV.

I use my JGC for towing a travel trailer and have not had any real issues towing and experiencing heat issues or shift issues etc. But I have not gone up the super steep long grades and I have not towed in 100 degree heat for extended periods of time. Wondering if its a serious potential problem or does the Diesel engine not have as much issue as a non-diesel when it comes to engine cooler and larger alternators.

Would love any feedback or info anyone can provide. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jeep would not offer heavy duty cooling, if not needed for those hot days pulling high grades. Also extra cooling helps for lower transmission temperatures. Tow package also ads self levelling,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts